PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-01-2021, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Sotoportego San Antonio

Actually, it was just the start of the building.

A friend in the hobby passed away suddenly last summer at the age of 45. I have yet to find out from what. Walter was a big fan of the game Carnevale that takes place in the latter days of the Venetian Republic. For December at Cardboard Warriors, we did a Remembrance Hoard of projects he either started or encouraged. I chose to finish up my DaVinci Flyer and a 'seedy neighborhood' residence in Venice.

As my printer will not be replaced for at least another week, probably longer than that, both projects were done in gray-scale, and even that is choppy now.

After building the building, I used Gimp to lay my template parts over the photo to get Promo Shots for the download. I am surprised at how well they came out

The DaVinci Flyer is parked on the roof of the adjacent building
Attached Thumbnails
Sotoportego San Antonio-img_20201008_103653.jpg   Sotoportego San Antonio-20201231_224137.jpg   Sotoportego San Antonio-20201231_224231.jpg   Sotoportego San Antonio-promo1.jpg   Sotoportego San Antonio-promo2.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-03-2021, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Being an ardent follower of sleaze, I'd like one of those, if you don't mind me saying.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:17 PM

We kept the Hoard open a few days longer so that folks could finish up their projects. The Hoard closes tomorrow and the projects will be available within a couple days.

When Walter passed away suddenly, another friend of his found out about his death from a post I made. Dario lives in Italy and knew Walter from that game. He ended up making a trip to Venice to get some photos for me. That photo was one of his.

This is the basic version with a shallow roof so gamers can fight on the roof. I will be doing a more advanced version next month. It has a different texture for those who want to use the sotoportego next to a canal instead of abutting buildings. It will have a steeper roof, but will have an altane (elevated rooftop terrace) for Dario and the other gamers. It will also have a balcony over the canal.

I'd wait for that one
Old 01-07-2021, 10:42 AM

The Walter/Shep Hoard is up

He had so many interests. I wish I had taken more time to work on some of his other projects. His main games were Carnevale and Star Trek Adventures, so we definitely added to what is available for those.

onemonk.com

Definitely gonna miss him for a long time
Old 03-12-2021, 03:14 PM

Besides the original Sotoportego, an upgrade kit is now available with the altana and 3d balcony and a variety of walls.

Also available is the Palazzo Dario and my gondola (and no, it is not the post-1880's asymmetric version since the game takes place during the Venetian Republic)

onemonk.com
Google Adsense