PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-11-2022, 04:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Venice 1757

This building project got started when Goncalo Mendes introduced here these model sets I'm building at the moment. Christmas time offered a perfect time to start a new project alongside with my ship project. Added bonus - both depict the same century. :-)

The model sets are made by an italian artist, interior and graphic designer by the nickname 'Oonirico'. Check out his page, it's fabulous stuff. He has also made some make-believe Italian sceneries he sells as posters. Very appetising stuff.

There are two model sets, venetian houses and a special set of three venetian chuches. He published these 2015-17.

I've been building these during the last two weeks every now and then. Basicly they are simple boxes, easy to cut and easy to assemble. But I suggest you take time with these. Carefull cutting, scoring, forming and edge coloring is needed. I printed the sets on a Canon matte inkjet paper 170gr and it works for me fine.

There are some intricate models aswell, houses with 'sotoportegos' that is a passageway that goes under the building. Also so called 'bridge houses' where the house is built over an alley.

Churches (the specials set are a bit flimsy even with heavy weight paper so some internal supports might come handy. Some tabs are missing, some roof or bottom parts are oversized but mostly the sets are designed very well and the graphics are absolutely fantastic.

I didn't find any info about the scale he used but I figured the scale is somewhere between 1/350-400 (I measured the height of the smallest door in the kit to be 5mm and estimated the avegade door height to be between 180-200cm).

I've built most of the houses, some of them twice just to get more volume for the diorama I have in my mind. I have a lot to do still: few 'sotoportego' houses and a palace to build and then bridges, the prominent venetian chimneys and of course the balconies. All those come with the sets plus water base for the canals and paving and cobblestones for the walkways and alleys. Fun project ahead planning my own little Venice. No matter how you arrenge these they look nice to my eyes. My favourite city which I've visited few times.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Venice 1757-beginning.jpg   Venice 1757-scale.jpg   Venice 1757-venice-box.jpg   Venice 1757-simple-yes-no.jpg   Venice 1757-sotoportegos.jpg  

Venice 1757-sotoportego-house.jpg   Venice 1757-rooftops.jpg   Venice 1757-rows-houses.jpg   Venice 1757-church.jpg   Venice 1757-building-blocks.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-11-2022, 12:26 PM

Just a quick test with the elements. I'll get back when I've done some more. But you'll get the idea.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Venice 1757-test.jpg  
Old 01-11-2022, 12:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Quite a collection! Looking foward to the diorama.
Old 01-11-2022, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I envy you your visits to Venice.

This is an excellent project that I will enjoy seeing develop. Wonderful textures on those buildings.

Don
Old 01-11-2022, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
The buildngs are beautiful, aren't they? I've had them in my stash for a few years now, but always thought I couldn't do them justice. So I'm pleased to see that they are coming to life in your capable hands.
Google Adsense
Old 01-12-2022, 04:57 AM

Thank you all for joining with me. I don't have anything new to show, but for Don's sake let's enjoy some pics from Venice I took on our last trip autumn 2017.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Venice 1757-roof-terrace.jpg   Venice 1757-waterfront.jpg   Venice 1757-low-light.jpg   Venice 1757-grand-canal-night.jpg  
Old 01-12-2022, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks for the site - they reflect the "atmosphere" of Venice.

If you want more buildings have a look at this site

https://www.formacultura.it/categori...elli-di-carta/

They have over 90 Italian buildings. I bought a couple of their books when we were in Venice. One has the 3D type models but the other has normal kits. The buildings are printed on paper of the right weight but they are all glossy.

Cheers
Mike
Old 01-12-2022, 07:51 AM

Thanks Mike for the link. New publisher to me with many wonderfull models of Italian places I've visited over the years. Glossyness isn't an issue I can always scan/print them on my preferred matte paper. I know I'm going to get some of their models.

Tappi
Old 01-12-2022, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I guess this is the same website I posted about in 2017.
1757 Venice 15mm buildings

Good to see it surface again. I have not compared what was available back then with what is available now. Still nice to be reminded. Now I need to figure out where I stashed the files.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:05 AM

It is Doug and I wasn't awere of your earlier post done at the time they we're published (wasn't active with modeling that time). The site is up and running so you can always download them again. Wonderfull stuff I must say.

Tappi
Google Adsense