Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 05-28-2022, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Wonderful display!

Don
Old 05-28-2022, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Thumbs up

That is a nice looking model in a nice looking jar on a nice looking base.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
The Bull Hotel

Thanks Don and Doug!

The Bull Hotel by Micromodels. The subject is an english traveler's inn established 1450 and located in Long Melford Suffolk. Honorable over 570 years of business in the same location - accommodation, pub and restaurant, stable services and what not over the many centuries. If you look at the first picture it depicts The Bull in 1911 having a plastered brick facade and that makes you wonder what parts of the building have stayed 'original'. The brick facade was dismantled in 1935 and The Bull was 'restored' to its supposedly original appearance as in picture 2 from 1955. Later many expansions were built and the whole building complex is nowadays much wider.

Anyways I believe that some original 1450 timber and stonework are still present but I don't think the building is anything but a visualisation of something it might have looked some timey along the centuries.

Different Micromodels kit again, different design approaches, funny and sometimes awkward structural solutions. To name a few: relatively large box shapes missed sides (I added formers inside the building to ease gueing the roofs etc), some roof parts were oversized and needed quite a lot of trimming, the main building core was a puzzle of its own (picture 3).
While building I tried to assemble everything connecting as flush as possible resulting I had to discard the base because the contraption wouldn't follow drawn perimetres. The only additions I made to the kitt was detailing the chimneys to the 1955 appearance. And I made a new base for it too.
All above said I spent enjoyable hours this weekend with The Bull and here are the final pictures. The last and final details are seen in the picture with the base. Pick out the differences. ;-)

Stay well my friends,

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-1911.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-1955.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-puzzle.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-bull-1.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-bull-2.jpg  

My Micromodel's architectural models-bull-3.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-bull-4.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-bull-5.jpg  
Old 05-29-2022, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Nice one, Tappi. I've got to hand it to you!
Old 05-30-2022, 03:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Nicely built

Always good to see a Micromodels build

What's next?

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 05-31-2022, 01:04 AM

Thank you gents. I don't know yet what will be next or when because of summer, so many other things to do and enjoy.

Tappi
Old 10-26-2022, 01:15 AM

Windsor Castle

Well hello everybody, summer is out and autumn chills took me indoors again and gave also good excuse to do another Micromodel's kit.
Here is my try with the Windsor Castle model. The initial idea was to get it done in time for Queen Elisabeth's funeral but evidently I missed that deadline.
The scale is whopping 1/3000 and it includes many miniscule parts and details to be cut, folded and glued. So it took a bit longer that I planned.
Building starts by creating a base of the terain upon which the castle is to be built. It took me two efforts to get it close to the intended form to be able to build more.
After lots of small cuts, edge colouring and trimming it's done. I added some foliage to represent the trees surrounding the castle and even added the Royal Standard flying above it. Hope you enjoy this creation.

Best Regards,

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-1.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-2.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-3.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-4.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-5.jpg  

My Micromodel's architectural models-6.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-detail-1.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-detail-2.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-detail-3.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-detail-4.jpg  

My Micromodel's architectural models-detail-5.jpg   My Micromodel's architectural models-scale.jpg  
Old 10-26-2022, 01:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Looks great.

Is this built from an original or a later reproduction?

Tim
Old 10-26-2022, 01:51 AM

Thank's Tim. This is built from a later reproduction that is Micro'New'model's line-up. And I didn't cut that either but made my own copies with my printer. Originals are far too expensive for me and very much collectables nowadays.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
My Micromodel's architectural models-img_0296.jpg  
Old 10-26-2022, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Good to see you back, Tappi. I can see you haven't lost it.

Last edited by Philip; 10-26-2022 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Google Adsense