PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 03-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
micro models and more

There's been some interest in micromodels recently - from Pump engines to Hampton Court, so I thought I'd have a look through some old boxes and present a few variations from different publishers.

I will apologise in advance for the lack of information - I've forgotten the names of some of them - no doubt someone will have the answers.

The first is two pianos - these are models of real pianos played by well known composers - one of these is Mozarts piano.

This is St Georges Basilica in Prague castle, it comes as a series of postcards - I bought these in a book shop in Prague - where else!!

Next is the original - It's micromodels Bishops Gate

This is Abbay de Conques - one of L' Instant Durable postcards

Finally we have Nagoya Castle - The name I have is "Paper Model Mini" It's just two and a half inches high.

All the above are on bases smaller than the Micromodel.

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
micro models and more-img_0127.jpg   micro models and more-img_0130.jpg   micro models and more-img_0131.jpg   micro models and more-img_0134.jpg   micro models and more-img_0136.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
What fun. Love the carpeting under the pianos. I know the provenance of a couple of these. The pianos are by David Toor, who also reprints larger scale Micromodels, and a series of New England Lighthouses, and buildings of literary significance, as well as the keyboard instruments and a tiny guitar. He publishes as Kenilworth Press , and was available through Paper Models International. Not sure if the new owner will carry them, but the old catalogue is here: PaperModels.net - Catalog Page 61, here Papermodel.net - Catalog Page 13, and here: PaperModels.net - Catalog Page 23 (every stock number starting with KL is Kenilworth)

The Japanese Paper Model Mini is one of a series of maybe thirty little models - mostly buildings, trains, ships, and a plane or two (Hmmmm, familiar selections) nearly all Japanese subjects, published by Shubunsha,and sometimes available through Hobby Link Japan, HobbyLink Japan Home Page. There the key is to search on "paper craft" and then choose "paper craft kits". They are the series published by Shubunsha with stock numbers between SHU01010 (Tokyo Station) and SHU01031 (Matsumoto castle). The price is right but the shipping is tricky. Cheers

Last edited by papermodelfan; 03-21-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Bad speling
Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
well made also mike.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Kenilworth Press is still alive, although breathing feebly (as its ancient owner). I can be contacted at [email protected]. We still have full inventory and catalogs, etc. But include a postal address since our ur-website has disappeared. It was hosted by a friend, Peter Visser, in the Netherlands.
David
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I'm so glad you came by, David. Have you considered making your models available via digital delivery? CGutzmer here at the forum would more than likely welcome the opportunity to have your models at ECardModels.com.

And thank you, Rob, for being able to put names to these models. Your knowledge of this craft is amazing.

And Mike, thank you for sharing your builds
Google Adsense
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Hoi Mike,

Bas Poolen from the Netherlands started a few years ago an interesting website:

Homepage World of Micromodels

Kind regards from Amersfoort, Netherlands,
Gert
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks Gert,

I've been corresponding with Bas recently and have seen his micromodels.

My wife and I will be in Holland in March and we hope to meet him!

He's also set up a Flikr account - I'm not sure if it is ready to "go public" !

Cheers
Mike
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM

Hoi Mike,

I still have to finish a few of my MicMod locomotives (small details) to send a few news pics to Bas for his website,

groetjes,
Gert