PDA

View Full Version : P-51B Red Tail

ashevilleangler
02-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I was watching the Discovery Channel a few weeks ago when they were showing a "Dog Fights" special on the Tuskegee Airmen. I was inspired to look up this older model that I had printed out years ago but never got around to. It's one of Zio Prudenziati's classic WWII designs.

It's printed on the Canford Silver paper that I've used for several other models and I've always liked. The color parts are hand painted with acrylics. It's definitely no show winner but I had a lot of fun with it. I estimate it's LGD (Looking Good Distance) to be about six feet maybe more with younger eyes than mine.

Anyway here's a few pics.

Cecil

Toddlea
02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Outstanding! Very nice.

Don Boose
02-10-2008, 05:48 AM
I like it a lot! It's a good-looking model of a good-looking airplane and I'm always glad to see the Tuskegee Airmen get recognition.

Don

B-Manic
02-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Looks great from here.

John Bowden
02-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Looks pretty good to me too!

Side Note...........

I recently lucked into a good deal on a iPod Nano 3rd Generation.........it does video............anyway iTunes now sells tv show, and DOGFIGHT is one of them they sell................$1.99 per episode and cheaper if you subscribe to the season.......they sure are nice to have and watch whenever you want..

They also play on your PC so you don't have to have a iPod............. if your interested check it out...........it will only cost you 2 bucks.

john

GreMir
02-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Dang!
Now I will have to build myself a Mustang too.................
:D

Lex
02-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Tuskegee Airmen, I had been watching that on Discovery too!! Nice build on the Mustang, may I ask if there is an official site on this model?

ashevilleangler
02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Thank for all the kind comments. This model was available as a free download many years ago. Zio still has a webpage @ http://digilander.libero.it/zioprudenzio/fokker.html.
Most of the models do not currently appear to be for sale although a few of them are available as free downloads.

Cecil

Lex
02-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Oh sorry... didn't realise it's a Prudenziati kit... BTW Is his website still being updated?

ashevilleangler
02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm not certain but I don't think so.

cecil