PDA

View Full Version : Moekami's new model

oriod01
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Moekami has posted a new model, Suzumi. Don't get excited though, it seems it is too 'adult' to build. Not too 'adult' to see pics of, just too 'adult' to build http://www.zealot.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif http://www.zealot.com/forum/images/smilies/26.gif

戦国ランス『鈴女』@萌紙 (http://moekami.himegimi.jp/item/024suzume/suzume.html)

SJPONeill
10-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Is that what all the text says/ My translator didn't like it at all and just returned gibberish...it still looks like an interesting build so hope he does post the link as he as with his others...

oriod01
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Not exactly, but I e-mailed him directly. He responded exactly that. The /po/ board had been inquiring about it, so I let them know what was going on, and he got bent out of shape about it. I'm not sure why, doesn't matter, he made clear he's not sharing it? :confused:

SJPONeill
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
That's a shame...from a technical perspective it offers some interesting challenges from those of aircraft, ships, buildings, etc...it'd be a challenge getting those curves to come out right...I have downloaded some of his other, less raunchy (but not much!) models so might have a crack at them...

chiawatkom
10-06-2010, 05:25 PM
What a sexy papermodel, of course, very very adult for all modeler.

oriod01
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Turns out since it can be built without the clothing, it is not allowed on Japanese servers. And since it is of a licensed character it can not be sold on DLsite... But it has been suggested that if he was a member of a papercraft forum outside of Japan they could host it for him? Or he could upload it to a file sharing site and post the link somewhere. I guess we shall see?

rickstef
10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
He is more than welcome to become a member here, and post the model here

SJPONeill
10-06-2010, 08:30 PM
He is more than welcome to become a member here, and post the model here

:):):):):):):):):):):)

oriod01
10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Don't get too excited, I posted the offer to join in the /po/ board, which he seems to be watching. No response yet. I fear because he has his own site and has always offered them that way, that he may feel that having any of his models hosted in a club as a loss of control. We all know that isn't true, and would be a great way to get around Japan's restrictions, while interacting with his fans and reach new ones. But I fear that isn't his perception of it. I would email him directly, but I don't want to pester him. Sucks, because I REALLY want to build this one and have been a fan of his from the beginning. :(

rickstef
10-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Well i would not want to join the /po/ board, I have seen the interaction, and I believe that papermodelers.com is a much more respectful forum than /po/ ever could be.

And when he is a member here, he has full control of the file hosted, and if needed, I can help him with his wishes

Rick

widget
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Just a question here: If japan has those type of restrictions,how did the Pristontale archer get published? oris that publisher Tiawanese/Chinese ?

rickstef
10-07-2010, 11:05 AM
the company that produced that kit is Korean

oriod01
10-07-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure but I think the restrictions have tightened since those models were released. Also Moekami has had problems (legal, copyright I think) with his models in the past, as Mizuirogakuen, so he is a little gun-shy of risking problems now. I don't think he will be joining any forums (I could be wrong). I'm not sure why just the vibe I get from him. If I'm reading the translation correctly, he may have shared this with a select few, and will not distribute any more. Very sad for me, as I am an enormous fan and haven't missed any of his models including the Mizuirogakuen stuff (until this one). This model is by far my favorite, for many reasons. I love anime, I love the character, I like ninja characters, I like sexy girl figures, the pose, and the clothing being seperate creates more depth and realism to the model. It appears to be a very well designed model... Oh well, Sigh.

Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmoekami.himegimi.jp%2Findex.html)

SCEtoAUX
10-07-2010, 12:26 PM
That is too bad.:(
I have a bunch of the figures from the Mizuirogakuen days as well as some from the Moekami version.

oriod01
10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I must regretfully notify everyone that although Moekami expresses gratitude for our gracious offer, he must refuse. I'm not clear on his reasons, but he cannot. Also, he does not wish to distribute his model 'Suzume', :( and will not, on any forum, board, blog, or file sharing site. He has also conveyed that this may not be the only model that will not be shared :(. This is a dead issue.

Scott K
10-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I looked through his site last night, and it appears that none of his models are available anymore....:(

However, a couple of days ago, I found this site: 幻想遊具 (http://gensou-yougu.ddo.jp/) Go to the lower left column and click on the link below "RPG". There are a number of nice figures there I hadn't seen before, as well as videos of their assembly process.

Scott K.

oriod01
10-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I looked through his site last night, and it appears that none of his models are available anymore....:(

Scott K.

Actually all of his 'Moekami' models (except Suzume) are available (I just tested one), there is a download page...

ダウンロード@萌紙 (http://moekami.himegimi.jp/download/download.html) :D

SJPONeill
10-07-2010, 06:55 PM
That is a shame, although his right as the designer - it is great model aesthetically and technically...

Scott K
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Actually all of his 'Moekami' models (except Suzume) are available (I just tested one), there is a download page...

ダウンロード@萌紙 (http://moekami.himegimi.jp/download/download.html) :D

Either something changed since last night, or more likely, I was just looking in the wrong place. Either way, good news. Thanks for the correction.

Scott K.

davelant
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
It's seems like it's never a good idea to mention 4chan where good model designers can hear you, or to mention good model designers on 4chan. Just an observation. Nothing good comes of it.

oriod01
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
It's seems like it's never a good idea to mention 4chan where good model designers can hear you, or to mention good model designers on 4chan. Just an observation. Nothing good comes of it.

Sad thing is Moekami responded to speculation/attacks on 4chan. He obviously frequents 4chan (where it is a lawless society), but for some reason isn't interested in belonging to a forum. It's like choosing to rent an apartment in a bad inner city neighborhood, instead of buying a nice home in an upscale suburb. It may sound like I'm judging, but I visit 4chan, and I just don't understand. 4chan has some value, but very little, and the beating designers take there really doesn't make it a welcome home. :confused:

I respect someone not wanting to join a forum, but why waste time in 4chan only? I'm sure he has his reasons, just beyond my ability to comprehend, he is far too talented and respected for that place... ???

bigfan321
10-08-2010, 09:30 PM
when 4chan is involved, from what I hear, its never anything good.

goodduck
10-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, people just need outlet where ever they can find it. 4chan fit him fine I guess. That's not anyone concern.

oriod01
10-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Well, people just need outlet where ever they can find it. 4chan fit him fine I guess. That's not anyone concern.

You are right that it isn't any of our concern... just a curiosity, being that the place is not designer friendly, that's all.

SJPONeill
10-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Then again, maybe he might lurk here and see that the natives ARE friendly - couldn't believe the crap I just saw on 4chan about the Suzume model...

jeanma
10-09-2010, 10:14 PM
waw ! if i build this model, my wife may kill me... :p

SEBRET
10-10-2010, 12:37 AM
As for the model, Awesome. As for 4chan, let me raise a flag on the perceived difference of "there" verses "here". While we all just adore the hobby of brushing /po/ under the proverbial rug, I know that a fair amount of decent modelers here frequent the dangerous underbelly of the nets and return with the occasional find of the year. While I'm not advocating the harsh and abrasive nature of 4chan, I can see at least one reason to continue returning. I found Zealot through 4chan, and through that came to PM. While the ratio of trash to trophies is crazy high, I still think /po/ has contributed more than we give it credit for.

I know this is controversial, but I mean no harm. I just wanted to express my gratitude towards all modeling outlets on the net. Some just require a little more scrutiny, lol.

I really wish I could build this. would be a challenge with all the complex curves.

oriod01
10-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Well I think, a lot of papercrafters visit 4chan, I know I do. And that is only because I do find some value there. There are a few designers who don't have blogs, websites, or a 'home' who post their creations there, Shirtless kun is one example... But, considering that the prevailing atmosphere is abusive, I have trouble understanding why any designer would choose to spend time at 4chan instead of in any one of the forums. Visiting from time-to-time, in addition to the forums, yes I understand that.

But as a note to designers visiting/participating at 4chan... Don't go in thin-skinned, they will eat you alive. Realize where you are at, and don't let anything said there bother you - consider the source, none of the ridicule there has any merit or value. Keep your head up and ignore it.

oriod01
10-11-2010, 12:37 AM
waw ! if i build this model, my wife may kill me... :p

Well you are safe from your wife (LOL), as this is definitely a one-off.