PDA

View Full Version : Help identify a sci-fi show

SCEtoAUX
02-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I recall seeing this a few years ago. Can't remember if it was a movie or an episode from a TV series. I have looked at the plots of the new Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episodes but none seem to fit. :confused:

Here is the basic plot of the show:
A window/portal to an alternate type Earth is opened. The people from our Earth can see through it but the people from the other Earth cannot. The other Earth scene is a peaceful and pastoral looking farm locale. One of the others is an attractive young woman.

A guy from our Earth is infatuated with the other Earth and woman. There are attempts made to break through and communicate through the window/portal but all have failed. Finally the infatuated guy manages to get through the window/portal just as it is starting to close but is attacked and eaten by the people over there (including the woman) who seem to be canabalistic vampire type thingies.

The window/portal from our Earth is closed, but it looks like the thingies from the other Earth can now see our Earth through a window/portal from their side. The final scene is one of the thingies throwing rocks at the window/portal, waiting for it to open. :eek:

Can anyone help identify this show? I tried searching through the IMDB, but can't seem to pick the correct combination of words to use in the search engine.
:)

rickstef
02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Stargate?
Stargate Atlantis?

dansls1
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Stargate?
Stargate Atlantis?

I've watched all 10 seasons of SG1 and am 1/2 way through the first 3 seasons of Atlantis and am pretty sure that's not from Stargate.

SCEtoAUX
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, it is not Stargate or Stargate Atlantis.:)

I'm still looking and have the request out on a few other forums.:)

Stev0
02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
all you need to do is identify one actor and we have a hook to find what we need.

SCEtoAUX
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Yep, I finally remembered that Bill Pullman played the main character and searched IMDB again.

It is from the Night Visions series. The episode title is "A View Through the Window"

IMBD A View Through the Window (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0660986/)

Here is some more information:
TV.com A View Through the Window (http://www.tv.com/night-visions/a-view-through-the-window/episode/57450/summary.html)
:D

CMDRTED
02-18-2008, 05:51 PM
there was a b saturday afternoon sci-fi from my childhood I think was called the time travellers. It featured a time machine that was a viewport into the alt earth of the future with people trying to get off the earth before some mutant like things over-run them. At the end they climbed back thru and were throwing things at the mutants as they tried to climb back thru the time window thingy.