PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatum Series - Barricades

PaperMakeiT
09-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Hi all,

here an image of my next model: Barricades.

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/display/camp12.jpg.jpg

Before proceeding, I need to be sure that the effect of the age on the structures is realistic: when I print at home the things need to be tuned before reaching the right result.

I'd like to see if it is a strange calibration of my monitor/printer or I need to rethink the colors on the texture.

After that I will need to bet build the other modules:

5/6 pages
easy level of difficulty
some issue to join and align some parts. Suggestion needed.

I will send the file to the volunteer and then the other files after tuning them. Non disclosure agreement... 8)

PaperSamurai
09-20-2008, 05:27 AM
Ok, I'll tackle them ;)

Can print @ work on color laser :D

PaperMakeiT
09-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi Paperronin and thank you for your help!

Please find in your email the file needed to be printed. It is a jpg image in 300dpi resolution. Pay attention of course to keep the current size so that the width of the barricade is 4 inches.
Instructions are not included, I think it is quite easy for you skilled guys ;).

I need to know if the age on the concrete is consistent or the color is too dark/light/color dominant/etc. Can you also see the blue halo on the platform cast by the lights?

Every other suggestions are welcome. The camouflage will be green/desert/no camo.

See you soon (I imagine on monday ;D), Claudio

cgutzmer
09-20-2008, 08:23 AM
These types of things will be perfect for a ground phase of the game we hope to put together eventually :)
Chris

PaperMakeiT
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Here the first three images taken from the trailer:

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/display/camp16.jpg.jpg

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/display/camp17.jpg.jpg

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/display/camp18.jpg.jpg

Unfortunately it was a foggy day and the pictures are not crispy. ;D

PaperSamurai
09-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Looks nice and crisp, despite the fog ;) ;)

By the way, you sure you won't include instructions with that piece I'll beta ?? ;D :D 8)

PaperMakeiT
09-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Don't be afraid: I sent only the basic straight module. Quite simple. The curved ones are a little more complex, but easy anyway. A simple sketch will ease the work. :)

PaperSamurai
09-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Don't be afraid: I sent only the basic straight module. Quite simple. The curved ones are a little more complex, but easy anyway. A simple sketch will ease the work. :)

Hmmm, need to use more smileys next time :D

Yes, indeed the model is dead-simple and should be completed in about 10 minutes after printing... That is if those darn users can keep their 'puters working on monday morning ::)

cgutzmer
09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
You are making a computer game out of this? I seem to recall someone doing that.... could be you! Sorry I dont get into all the areas of Zealot that I should with my limited time ;)

Do you have a name for the game/premise worked out? Only a ground phase? Sorry for all the questions! Feel free to start a dedicated thread if your intent is a game. Maybe this and the paper tabletop game can work together somehow. :D
Chris

PaperMakeiT
09-20-2008, 03:21 PM
@Paperronin: yes, I did understand the irony. I wrote that only for those who hadn't seen the file... My main goal is to do something really simple so to build many of this barricades in few time and leave the rest of the day to play with.

@Chris: Barricades are part of "Ultimatum to the Earth" Series. The story is so a not new one that to tell it here could be boring for you. Anyway, currently I have already sold "Earth Forces: Space Marines", "Earth Forces: Special Vehicles". Now is the turn of "Earth Forces: Barricades". Next will be "Earth Forces: Mutants" (hopely). This is not a real game, but support for many other games. I don't even have rules at the moment. Many other things will be released in next future so to complete the story that runs on the Earth and over (Moon, Space Bases).

About the computer game, yes, this summer I tried to release a game (City Race - you find in my site). it was an exercise for a next game with my models, but it takes a lot of time and no one helped me. If you like to have a game here let me know and see if we can realize something simple and fun.

cgutzmer
09-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes, we are planning a tabletop sci fi game. :)

PaperSamurai
09-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok, print to finish in about 5 minutes!
A breeze to build, fits is good, no open spaces or edges.

The blue light halo's are visible on the grating. Overall colour is looking good, the weathering of the concrete is clearly visbile.

If possible, try to change the 'crackling' a bit? From one side it looks to me like there are veins of concrete, but when looking from another direction, the veins turn out to be cracks in the concrete. My build got a tad bit bigger than you aimed for, some 5 inches (13cm) due to printer scaling error on my part. For that size, a former would be welcome in the middle of the structure...

Also, I think a (optional) nice set of bullet holeswould look cool too ;)

Am very, very curious about the more intricate pieces you made ;)

Pictures will follow when I get back home, am currently at work (and bored to tears) so I did make some snaps with my phone, but cannot upload here ::)

(I think I'll tackle a quick Tie Fighter just for the heck of it... I always have models with me on USB device ;D ;D)

PaperMakeiT
09-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Good job Paperronin! :)

You were precious for my analysis and I'll try to put some modifications.

Ok, print to finish in about 5 minutes!
The main goal was reached!

A breeze to build, fits is good, no open spaces or edges.
Good, as this is the basic module!

The blue light halo's are visible on the grating. Overall colour is looking good, the weathering of the concrete is clearly visbile.
The look and feel is the second goal...

If possible, try to change the 'crackling' a bit? From one side it looks to me like there are veins of concrete, but when looking from another direction, the veins turn out to be cracks in the concrete.
This point could be an issue: that effect is obtained by shadows and the eye receive the illusion of three-dimensional objects. Changing the point of view the same object seems to go toward the observer or to the opposite way. I could try to reduce the amount of cracks? Wait! While I am writing I think to have discovered the reason for that. I will send you a new file within today. 8)

My build got a tad bit bigger than you aimed for, some 5 inches (13cm) due to printer scaling error on my part. For that size, a former would be welcome in the middle of the structure...
When you print it is important to leave the original size. The pedestal is the basic 1" grid for RPG games. A 4" inches structure and a heavier paper sheet should be enough to sustain the figures and the higher levels of the structure.

Also, I think a (optional) nice set of bullet holes would look cool too
Yes, it would be surely a nice feature. I will add it maybe as a free add-on later. My only concern is that you have to print more than one kind of holes. If not, you will end to have the same combination of holes for many Barricades and this is weird. To avoid that I should provide many pages for the same module for each color. The final file would be too big (I work in 300dpi).

Am very, very curious about the more intricate pieces you made
Soon you will receive the rest of the structures! ;D

Pictures will follow when I get back home, am currently at work (and bored to tears) so I did make some snaps with my phone, but cannot upload here
Yes, pictures are really welcome!

Thank again for your wise comments, Claudio

PaperMakeiT
09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
The new file is gone with a desert camo. :)

PaperSamurai
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
File is in!

My take on the barricade with bullet holes should also make an entrance in you mailbox soon!!!

Here are the pics as promised:

PaperMakeiT
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow! Thank you for those pictures! :o
I see the veins you indicated. The now should be disappeared. ;)

I will wait for your bullet work... are the bullets in your country cheap? :D

PaperMakeiT
09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks Paperronin, I received your bullet example and I will try to rethink it with my own examples. :)

PaperSamurai
09-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Real life got in the way of printing and cutting ::)

Will try again tomorrow!

PaperSamurai
09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
The new file is gone with a desert camo. :)

Also the desert camo version came out fine ;)

And like the other one, came together just fine! The crackling effect is a tad bit better, but it really depends on what side you look at it, so I wouldn't bother about it!

Would love to put up some pictures, but unlike the concrete version (real life) of these, the paper models are not resistant to a playfull cat... He's happy woth your work as wel ;)

(If the darn animal EVER tries to do that with my Galactica / Voyager / Enterprises I'll make grilled meat out of him!)

PaperMakeiT
09-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks Paperronin,

anyway the cracks now are right if seen from the above, that should be primary point of view. I will send you the other modules soon. Just a little modification in joints.

About your cat... someone should build a chest for it. ;D

PaperMakeiT
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

the Trailer is available at my Homepage (www.papermakeit.com). :)
What do you think about?

cgutzmer
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Pretty cool! I like it a lot :)
Chris

PaperSamurai
09-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Neat stuff! 8)

Your work on the trailer could easily be used in a digital version of the game....

PaperMakeiT
09-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Thank you men! 8)

I had a lot of fun in learning the software to produce this short Trailer. Now it's time to complete the models themselves! ;D

PaperMakeiT
09-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi Paperronin,
I just sent you the curve module of the Barricades. Let's hope everything works right. :o
Many thanks, Cla

PaperSamurai
09-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Will print it on monday ;)

Currently cursing at flarebaffled's "fiddly bits" :D

PaperSamurai
09-29-2008, 03:57 AM
Forgot my knife today, so using scissors and a pocketknife, I am fiddeling with the model. As before, it fits like a charm, textures and look/feel is even better now I have the scale corrected on the printer ;)

When all three parts are done, I'll snap a few shots again!

PaperMakeiT
09-29-2008, 04:20 AM
;D Hurrą! ;D

Please, beware of your cat... before posting the pictures... ;D

Cla

PaperSamurai
09-29-2008, 04:43 AM
;D Hurrą! ;D

Please, beware of your cat... before posting the pictures... ;D

Cla

8) I've got me a nice little box now to hold my WIP models ;)
He's not doing that again... ::) (Or else HE is going in the box instead)

PaperSamurai
09-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Main part and one side is done. Papermodels and scissors really don't mix... Luckily it's almost time to go home, so I can finish up on the last part.

Again, everything fits like a charm!

Flarebaffled
09-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Paperronin....I swear by my little Swiss Army Knife! Small sharp knife and a neat little pair of scissors all in one bundle! Even has a pair of tweezers :)

And I hope my fiddly bits are causing you less trouble now!

PaperSamurai
09-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Working with tweezers and knitting needles atm ;D Along with a whole array of scalpels and knifes ;)

About the Barricades, finished them and made pictures of two parts as a whole from two angles, will post those tonight!

Those barricades now double as a temperary stand for my USS Voyager model btw 8)

PaperMakeiT
09-30-2008, 03:18 AM
Very well! 8)

Don't forget to send that new installment for the USS V. too! ;D

PaperMakeiT
09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Ronin,
the internal curved barricade is in you email. I modified the internal concrete design so that it is congruent with the three pieces. The ground level is completed. Next will be the second level (and after that no limit to the levels 8)).
May thanks, Cla

PaperSamurai
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
As promised... The pics ;)

Must make a few with Voyager using them as a stand tomorrow, almost time for bed now :)

PaperSamurai
10-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Next model printed... Doing this one in between flare's Zeapher Fighter and a TOS Battlestar Galactica by Gearz (free model) (only engine section left)

The Orange
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Looking great! Ronin, since you're doing so much, I can just testbuild the fighter myself :D

Keep it up guys!

PaperSamurai
10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Is ok Soaring, I was thinking you'd send the corrected model to me, the other was so damn dark I couldn't see anything :) (And I usually build 4-5 models at the same time :D)

PaperMakeiT
10-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah! It looks fine! 8)
Let's wait for the internal curved model and then progress!
Thank you Ronin!
Cla

PaperSamurai
10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Internal Curve model almost done, will finish up 2morrow, now sleep is calling ;)

PaperSamurai
10-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Internal Curve version done!

Pics will follow, probably tomorrow... It was another breeze build, you can put out barricades at an amazing rate if needed ;D I clocked them at under 4 minutes each :D

PaperMakeiT
10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Yuppy! :P
So far we have the basic floor. Now let's go upstairs!

PaperSamurai
10-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Yuppy! :P
So far we have the basic floor. Now let's go upstairs!

Bring it on! ;D

PaperMakeiT
10-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Ronin,
to you the base and second floor of straight barricade. You will find also the lateral little walls needed to sustain the upper level and to protect the upper path.

You will do it in seconds ;D

PaperSamurai
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Go them ;)

And yes, I will time them for you ;D

PaperSamurai
10-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Again the scale after printing is kinda weird looking ???

Might we be able to try PDF? That way the scale or orientation is not a problem anymore.

PaperMakeiT
10-03-2008, 04:10 AM
So, wait till I send you again the pdf. Otherwise, you could print at 300dpi, you cannot fail.
Thanks, Cla :)

PaperSamurai
10-03-2008, 04:43 AM
Am printing at work, so I have less tools than at home :D
If I could print at home, there would be no problem ;D

PaperMakeiT
10-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Ronin,
the files in pdf format are in your email. ;)

PaperSamurai
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Shall I wait 'till Monday then, or build them the way I have them printed atm??

PaperMakeiT
10-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Up to you. If the single parts printed doesn't match each other you cannot see the whole effect. If the single parts have the same scale but are large or littler than they should, then you can proceed and assemble the whole.

PaperMakeiT
10-04-2008, 04:02 AM
Also the last module (curved support for upper levels) is in your email, Ronin. :)

Now the set is completed!

PaperSamurai
10-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Will print & build on monday mate!
I'll try to print them all again, so we have a nice overview of the barricades ;)

PaperMakeiT
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Sweet! ;)

PaperSamurai
10-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Have to wait a bit with this, LaserPrinter has empty toner(s)...

Are in backorder and hopefully arrive wednesday!

(I knew I had to print these first instead of the Nobi Hercules for the contest ::) )

PaperMakeiT
10-06-2008, 07:25 AM
It will be ok, don't worry. In the mean time I will complete the modifications hoping your test is the final one. ;)

PaperSamurai
10-06-2008, 08:22 AM
It will be ok, don't worry. In the mean time I will complete the modifications hoping your test is the final one. ;)

I don't worry AT ALL :D !
Your builds are indeed fast & easy (so far). I really can't imagine what would have to be modified. 8)

PaperMakeiT
10-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Only from the texture point of view: the three parts of curved modules needs a continuity in crackles and camouflage. I should complete them within today. :)

PaperMakeiT
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Ronin,

any news about the test? :)

PaperSamurai
10-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Haven't been in the office today, hopefully will be able to print tomorrow :-\

PaperMakeiT
10-09-2008, 02:01 PM
holiday? ;)

PaperSamurai
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
holiday? ;)

If only ;D

PaperMakeiT
10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi all,
the Trailer you find at www.papermakeit.com was modified with the new concrete textures of the Barricades. So now the whole is more matched to the mountain blue effect. Also the sound was changed with reducing the blowing of the wind and adding a nice marching men noise.
Comments welcome :)

cgutzmer
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Looking good! Whats the big spinny looking thing at the end? Gonna make one? :)

PaperSamurai
10-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Looking good indeed :D

Building is still on hold, had most company big cheeses all around last week. They won't be too happy if they notice me (ab)using the color LaserJet they way I've been doing ;D

PaperMakeiT
10-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Thank you :).
At the end of the Trailer you can see a big TelCom device. It will be a future add-on. for the mountain outpost. It can be used in many environment anyway. :)

PaperSamurai
10-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Final models will be made tonight, finally got me some time to use the printer @ work ;D
Printout looking fine again, testbuilding the barricades will be complete I figure?

Am always available for more fun stuff, I love the "pioneering" stuff!

PaperMakeiT
10-15-2008, 05:29 AM
Thank you Ronin! :) I was waiting patiently the Thing! ;D

The instructions are going well, I think I will need a visual test also for them...
Indeed the Sheet is not a step by step instructions (they are easy to build) but more a scheme on what the final product looks like, so a list of images picturing the various modules included into the set and how assemble them. 8)

PaperSamurai
10-15-2008, 06:26 AM
I will see what I can salvage after Cat and kids damage done to the little concrete cuties :)

I can at least provide the pics for the inner and outer curved barricades and those you last send me (the up, up and away kind ;) )

PaperMakeiT
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Very well! ;)

I need some feedback about this first release of the Instructions. What do you think?

PaperSamurai
10-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Looking nice so far!

Great overview of all possible models also!!

PaperMakeiT
10-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Thank you Ronin :).

Any other comments? ??? Is this sheet too poor? Should I revamp it with some fireworks? 8)
Or is it better a minimalist design?

Thanks.

PaperSamurai
10-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I think the minimalistic setup does better justice to the models themselves ;)

PaperMakeiT
10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I agree with you.

PaperMakeiT
10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
A couple of examples have been included into the sheet.

Some comments? :)

PaperSamurai
10-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Really, really nice!

The example setups give it the extra boost that promotes your quality product!! :D
And that makes me wonder... Do we need groundplates? You know, like the lego kind that you'd use to build things on?

Have an additional thingy that just came to mind... Maybe an armored gunners nest?

The Orange
10-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Very cool!

Like Paperronin said, the setp ideas are wonderful, and boost creativity with your product! Those instructions are pretty straight forward, and I hope to see them in a set with your troopers.

-A Gunners nest sounds pretty good!

PaperMakeiT
10-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Thank you men! 8)

My wishes are to sell the set also to those playing with metal miniatures, that often don't like paper figures. So, if I add my Space Marines I am afraid to limit the sales to paper modellers. What do you think about it?

This is a basic set. After that more add-ons are going to come, like a playground, gates, buildings, devices, etc. Moreover customers can create more structures and become a affiliated authors. ;D

Ideas? :)

The Orange
10-17-2008, 07:54 AM
No problem ;)

I think...that you should include miniatures with your set, it would allow someone dealing with metal [But does not have any at the moment] to buy it along with your barricades. Or maybe a metal miniature collector may think your paper miniatures are intriguing and will buy some more.

OR....you could include one miniature figure probably at the end of the PDF. As sorft of an advertising method, but that's just me ;)

PaperMakeiT
10-17-2008, 08:04 AM
mmm... a mini set of figures included into the Barricades? It could work! I have to select some of them as a sample but enough to create a working environment.

ok, I will proceed in this way. Soon some shots. ;)

Thanks, Cla

The Orange
10-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Yes! That's genuis!

Alright, I'llo see them in 8 hours then, school time ;)

Good luck

PaperMakeiT
10-17-2008, 02:32 PM
A couple of examples more, with a mini set of Space Marines!

Do you think I should add also a step by step guide to build the modules? ???

The Orange
10-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Nice!

I suggest that if you have time, that you show a step by step guide on making those awesome modules. Show where each one goes, or have the entire thing, but highlight only certain pieces at a time. [If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, I can post a picture.]

PaperMakeiT
10-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Are you maybe suggesting a step by step assembling like the Lego instructions, as Ronin recalled? It is a good idea! ;)

As you know, the whole is clear to the Author, but it could be not to the user...

The Orange
10-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, like Lego instructions!

You're right, so I think after you revise the instructions, you should post it up again for us to say it's strong and weak points. ::)

PaperMakeiT
10-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Yup! Indeed now the Guide is really going into the deep. The size is 1.7Mb so you can see it here (http://www.papermakeit.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=48&Itemid=28).

What do you think now? 8)

PaperSamurai
10-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Dude, that's great!!

Like the examples with the marines and the lego-like stuff is fabulous!!!

Sorry for me not mingling in more atm, haven't touched a knife for a day or two, that darn real life is really getting to me atm... Mostly because of headaches and new heavy duty painkillers for it... (The headache goes away, but I feel like downing a few bottles of JD :D)

PaperMakeiT
10-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow! Thank you Ronin! 8) I will take notes of those good comments!

PaperSamurai
10-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey no problem!

You make quality stuff here and simple to make as well, that's worth a little praise I think! ;D

(Building these and helping you out makes me long back to those Warhammer 40k nights I had as a teenager :) )

The Orange
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Great job PaperMakeit, those revised instructions are commercial quality. Keep it up!

[I thik I'll be purchasing some Space Marines during the winter along with those beautimous barricades ;)]

PaperMakeiT
10-19-2008, 01:28 AM
:) Thanks again to both, my friends! :)

An introduction page will be added with a Logo, the congratulations, a brief EULA and the affiliate program.

By the way, Chris, have we set up the rules for affiliate programs (commercial products derived from others)?

About the Warhammer 40k, just few days ago a fun asked me when the set will be released because he wanted to used it with his miniatures. Who of you knows some good forum to announce this kind of models? theminiaturespage.com is one of those. 8)

I wish also someone wrote the presentation to be shown in shop page... ??? A free set to him!

cgutzmer
10-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Hmmm - sorry, but I am really not sure what you are asking....

Chris

cgutzmer
10-19-2008, 07:52 AM
ok - I just read your EULA post... do you mean an affiliate program for people that want to do recolors for you? If so, then yes :)

I get 20% of sale, the person doing the recolor gets 20% of sale and designer gets 60% of sale. I dont have anything more than a post up somewhere in the shop area. I really need to get hopping on my documentation....

If the repaints are going to be bundled together with items done only by the designer I am not sure how to work it out though....
Chris

PaperMakeiT
10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Thank you Chris. Yes I meant just that. But we have more than one option:

a) only recolor.
b) a new model with the same textures.
c) a new model with new textures, officially approved by the original author and sold onthe same shop of the original model (or any approved shop).
d) sold separately.
e) sold in bundle with the original set.

Any idea?

PaperSamurai
10-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I wish also someone wrote the presentation to be shown in shop page...

PaperMakeIT is expanding the "Ultimatum to the Earth" series with the Barricades.

The Barricades are designed to give your Spaca Marines the ultimate fortification! Build simple concrete barricades or go all out and design a complete base! Anything is possible with these easy to assemble modules. Most modules are buildable in under five minutes without any fuzz, so within the first hour you could have half a base completed.

Like to models, but don't want them to be crowded with Space Marines? They will go just as easy with Warhammer 40k or other tabletop games!

Simplicity and quality are key to all of PaperMakeIT tabletop gaming models and this is no exception!

Be on the lookout for more easy but stunning work from PaperMakeIT!

PaperSamurai
10-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Or something like that ;D

PaperMakeiT
10-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Great! I like it ! One question: is it fair to include Warhammer 40k (we have a lot of copyright issues here...)?

Thank you very much, Ronin! :)

cgutzmer
10-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Its ok to say its compatible with, just not that its what it is :)
Chris

PaperMakeiT
10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I am compiling the final PDFs of each version. What do you think it is better:

a) many different files
b) one file with more pages for each version (Vanilla, green camo, desert camo, plain concrete)
c) one big file with every think

Thanks, Cla

cgutzmer
10-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I would like separate pdf's - one for each color scheme. Put all the pdf's into one zip for distribution.

The cover of each PDF should have a pic of the actual model built in the appropriate color scheme if at all possible. Hopefully these can be pulled from this thread :)
Chris

PaperMakeiT
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
One file for each version is what I was considering too. :)

The cover idea would be great, but I thought the Mega guide would have solved every matters (there are the whole colors, modules, instructions and examples)... >:(

PaperSamurai
10-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry for not participating and/or building atm...

My daughter is ill (again) and I'm not doing to well on the headache front too :'(

On the distribution part, I must agree with Chris, seperate PFD's is better :)

For cover... Why not a rendering like you did in the preview movie ;)

PaperMakeiT
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Don't worry Ronin, this weekend I am going to definitely test the model and hopefully send the zippone to Chris and my own shop. ;D

cgutzmer
10-23-2008, 02:31 PM
A cover for each model with a common look and feel with all other models you design will go a long way towards making the models look professional. I pic of the actual model is better because you can tell with a quick glance exactly what the finished model will look like.

However a CG pic would be good too - maybe as a closer at the end of the model with the EULA if it does not add too much to the file size :)
Chris

PaperMakeiT
10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
At the moment we are at 35Mb of file. Each page is 1,1Mb. The only Guide is nearly 3,5Mb. :'(

cgutzmer
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
holy cow!!!

PaperMakeiT
10-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Well,
the product is finally packaged. I managed to limit the size to 20.5Mb. ;D

Next two days for last Quality Test and then we are ready to be on-air! :D

PaperMakeiT
10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
The very final file is now 25Mb. The last thing is to write the introduction, like kindly suggested by Ronin. :)

PaperSamurai
10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Glad to be of assistance ;)

Hopefully one of many projects to follow, this was intense fun! 8)

PaperMakeiT
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
THank you for all, Ronin, I sent just now a complimentary copy for you. 8)
Cla

PaperSamurai
10-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Guess I have to get back in to tabletop gaming then ;D

Thank you!

cgutzmer
10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
I was getting all ready to upload this to the shop but I cant seem to locate any pics of the actual build... anyone have any handy?
Thanks
Chris

PaperSamurai
10-26-2008, 11:05 PM
This thread has a few pics of the components Chris ;)
If you need more, I will have to build some, got some still in print (made double copies then ;))

PaperMakeiT
10-27-2008, 02:22 AM
I printed my lastest test with an almost empty ink cartridge >:(.
I will have to refill it. :'(

Hopefully I will get some with the Gate Add-On. :)

PaperMakeiT
10-27-2008, 07:37 AM
A first advertise is on Zealot. I used the Logo that Chris has as Avatar. Chris, do you have any other you prefer? :)

cgutzmer
10-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Nope, thats what I use :) thanks!
Chris

PaperMakeiT
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Here a study for an Add-On: upper floor.

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/original/Floor02.jpg

cgutzmer
10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
cool! Whats the red thingy? :)

PaperMakeiT
10-30-2008, 02:19 AM
??? I don't know...

It was cool e red and reflecting silo inside the tower. ;D

Could it be a water reserve?

PaperMakeiT
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
How it is under the floor:

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/original/Floor05.jpg

PaperSamurai
10-31-2008, 01:38 AM
How it is under the floor:

[SNIP]

Looking good! But watch it, that guy up top almost falls down ;)

PaperMakeiT
10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Here the final texture for the floor:

http://www.papermakeit.com/images/rsgallery/original/Floor06.jpg

Next step a flat walkway.... :)

The Orange
11-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Looking good! I think you should make some 3D Miniature vehicles to go along with them paper miniatures. They could make an extremely good subject. ::)

PaperMakeiT
11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Thank you Soaring. I've already produced 2d vehicles for this set, but comments report me 3d vehicles would be more appreciated. You sprone me more to go in that direction. ;)

The Orange
11-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Well, if you do, count me in as a beta builder, I love your designs and textures ;D

PaperMakeiT
11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
That's all right! After the new floors, some ladders/elevators and gates, it will be the 3d vehicles turn. 8)

PaperSamurai
11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Can't wait!

Me and the cats had a blast with your Barricades ;)

PaperMakeiT
11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Ronin,

I have a barricade with a fish smell! :D

PaperSamurai
11-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Probably won't happen again :-\

Check the Chit Chat section, that particular cat is no more...

PaperMakeiT
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, I know.. :'(