PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Meta

The Orange
06-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey everyone, summer's here, and I have loads of free time. I'd like to get back designing, but.....

When I re-installed Meta [Ver 2.4], [I had to since my computer went through restoration] I can no longer click, drag, and select. I've downloaded the current version as of today, but I still can't select manually! It's a really big problem when I'm mirroring and moving separate objects.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, I could use some direction.

Thanks

{ I posted this on papermodelers, but I think I'll have to get some oomph in my posts before they notice any threads I make. I tend that always to be the case with newbies on a forum. Yes, I can be patient, but I don't think anyone will be replying to the thread at papermodelers, beside Phil, great guy makes you feel welcome, very engaging. I'd post at Zealot, but all the knowledgeable members left. [Yes, I've been lurking around Zealot.] }

PaperMakeiT
06-16-2009, 01:21 AM
I don't use Meta, but it seems to be more a configuration issue due to your restoration. Some missing driver or so.

Barry
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Try turning on either Rope or Rectangle in Edit options might be that

nothing
06-18-2009, 07:50 PM
you need to have the select button on. once you select the faces and/or verts then you can click the move button and move it.

JT Fox
06-19-2009, 01:49 AM
I have run Meta in all 3 forms, (Lite, Shareware unregistered and Shareware registered), and have not had any problems.

Looking at your screen shot, I agree with the others. The blocks you have modeled have not been selected by either "Sel Obj", "Select" or "Rope". When they are the lines and vertices will change colour. When selected click on move and then away you go.

Cheers JTF

The Orange
06-22-2009, 02:46 PM
No.... Barry got it right... I figured it out a few afters I posted this thread. See, I don't want to select a face by clicking on it. What I needed was the box + select, which was what Barry suggested, using Rope or Rectangle.

Either way, thanks guys :)

cgutzmer
07-03-2009, 05:19 AM
YAY! A forum dedicated to designing paid off :)
Chris