PDA

View Full Version : texture degridation in pep

nothing
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
i cant figure this one out. ive created all the textures. they all look crystal clear. when i unfold in pep just 1 texture map ends up looking like my 3 year old made it. the others are fine. ive manipulated this 1 texture every which way (resolution size etc.) nothing works. any ideas? first image is the texture. second image is the unfolded texture(yes the same one) and the third is one of the other textures shoeing everything fine.

cgutzmer
06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I think pep has an upper limit on texture size doesnt it? Does that one texture on the original have a size larger than the others? I am talking size in MB of the texture. Thats about the extent of my knowledge in pep ;)
Chris

PaperMakeiT
06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes, there is a max size in px, after that the image is compressed/resized losing resolution.

Barry
06-26-2009, 07:18 PM
You could try using smaller sections

nothing
06-26-2009, 07:35 PM
the above image was taken from the high rez version of pep which supposedly doesnt have an upper limit.

Barry
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
The most I expect out of pepakura printouts is an approximation frankly it is rubbish. I am thinking of just using black lines and a white background I am not sure that will work either.

I print the outlines of the parts and scan them back into the computer I use Meta lines to give the true position of any parts.

nothing
07-02-2009, 07:50 PM
[quote=barry ]

im not sure i understand this part. could you explain i bit more please?