PDA

View Full Version : Pepakura glitch?

eric_son
06-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Has anyone experienced this before?

There are some parts in my Pepakura unfold that have grossly incorrect fits.
Check the first attachment -- Fit 1 (assembled).

That's how it's supposed to look like.

Now check the other attachment -- Fit 1.

See how short the exhaust tube is? When assembled, there's an almost 1mm gap between the fuselage and the exhaust tube.

I've already sent a support inquiry to pepakura.

I'm in the middle of a test build. So far everything fits very well. Now I don't know if the good fit of the formers is due to the adjustments I made in Meta, or due to this bug.

This is really disheartening. :(

eric_son
06-27-2010, 01:43 AM
After sending them the PDO file, I got a reply from Tamasoft again.
They told me to disable this option:
-- Join adjacent edges in 2D pattern automatically

I then have to undo the unfold, then re-do it.

I did that and it seems to work.

:)

nothing
07-06-2010, 06:34 AM
good to know eric. thanks!

doctormax
08-01-2010, 05:11 PM
how many points is the most you should have with pepruka I done a car and it has 123444 points it says no idea how to reduce them so stumped

nothing
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
im not sure if its the point count or how the faces are cunstructed. ive had some high point count models in pep and the only problem i had was it took forever for pep to chew on.

doctormax
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
all it seemed to do was make over a thousand very small parts on one sheet

nothing
08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
yes it will do that. pep will not logically unfold anything the more complex the more fragmented.

doctormax
08-12-2010, 04:10 AM
any tip on making it easier in the sketchup do i just break it up to parts somehow and how do i do that and keep it the same scale anyway when bringing over to pepruka because i am feeling very much like just going delete file here

nothing
08-12-2010, 06:07 AM
its possible the model may just be to complex- you can try breaking and unfolding in sections. if you unfold the complete model at the scale you want. write the scale number down. then when you unfold the individual parts use that scale number for each section it will all be the same scale.