PDA

View Full Version : Ecardmodels integration thoughts/suggestions etc etc

cgutzmer
11-12-2010, 02:17 PM
yes you can gripe and praise here as well.

I have all the public stuff now visible. You will see there is most defintely duplication which will be rectified as soon as I can.

One thing I did on my old forums was that any designer that wanted their own forum for showing off their designs had one. I think this was well received and want to continue the process here. I am going to have to contact the designers and make sure they want to continue using them and I will move inactive designers threads to a different location to not muddle things up.
Thanks
Chris

cotlet
11-12-2010, 03:03 PM
One thing I did on my old forums was that any designer that wanted their own forum for showing off their designs had one. I think this was well received and want to continue the process here.
Chris

Can these sections (forums) be changed to subforums (as in the Model Builds section where each category has its subforum). They take a lot of real estate of the page - that's a lot of scrolling down to get to my all time favorite Cardboard Launge:p.
But seriously, everybody would benefit from a shorter, but more hierarchical structure.

cgutzmer
11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes, I will probably be doing this - especially for that new designer forum area....

actually look for it shortly!

Texman
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Ok, my avatar from ecard migrated over here and took over. Any one else have this happen?

cgutzmer
11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
really? it should have been the other way around that everything here took precedence (I am the interloper here) did anything else odd happen with your user control panel? let me know please :)

lancer525
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
My avatar didn't come over. Then again, I don't remember if I had a design thread on Chris's forum... At my age, the memory is the second thing to go!!

Texman
11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Post count is dropping. Not a major thing, but it's noticable. Of course, as
we talked, none of my permissions came over.

Texman
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Strange thing, posts are delayed. Probably just temporary.

Texman
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Chris, check the post count in each post here. It decreases with each post.

cgutzmer
11-12-2010, 04:46 PM
yeah - jason needs to run an update on the counters.... they are a bit messed up from all my forum moving around activities.... I dont have the rights to that particular admin tool.

Texman
11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
At least they are all the same now. They were in descending order, 2-3 each. Growing pains, thought I left those behind many years ago!

Texman
11-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok, I'm down to 1130 posts. Where are they going? I was at 1147 when the merger started. Gotta wonder which ones are disappearing?

cgutzmer
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
shows 1131 to me :P

I DID delete several forum sections from the ecardmodels forum after the merger. they were total duplicates.... at least obvious ones or were in sections that fell into disuse and only had to do with ecardmodels forum specific issues.... for instance I got rid of the entire site concerns and issues section as they were not pertinent to pm.com. :)

Texman
11-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Okay, sounds plausible to me. Guess I should give it a few days to resettle and see how it's going then. Thanks Chris!

Spar
11-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey Chris,

Just want to say congrats to you on the merge. I got a lot of great stuff from Ecardmodels, and since I am not too well versed in computer stuff (I'm still looking for that "any" key I'm supposed to hit), I understand how difficult it must be for you to get this accomplished. So take your time, it's worth a little wait.

cgutzmer
11-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks Steve - actually almost done :)

Ray - the counters have been updated and I think I am done deleting stuff so you should be stable in your post count now! If it keeps going down let me know :)
Thanks!
Chris