PDA

View Full Version : Streetpaper Freightliner

JCA
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
My brother-in-law works for Freightliner, so I thought I would build this model for his Xmas gift this year. Aside from no instructions (what should I expect for free?) the build was relatively simple. Did have a problem with the front of the rig, after attaching to the frame not only did it throw the fenders out of whack but the radiator was oversized. Could have been my pc/printer error. Also I decided to make all 8 rear wheels instead of the 4 fat tires from the model.

peter taft
11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
My brother-in-law works for Freightliner, so I thought I would build this model for his Xmas gift this year. Aside from no instructions (what should I expect for free?) the build was relatively simple. Did have a problem with the front of the rig, after attaching to the frame not only did it throw the fenders out of whack but the radiator was oversized. Could have been my pc/printer error. Also I decided to make all 8 rear wheels instead of the 4 fat tires from the model.

Hey..... your Bro-in-law will be pleased with this for sure. You made it... which makes this an even more special gift GOOD ON YOU MATE :) the fact that it's a FREE model, doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect to get instructions with it - some designers can design a model very well, but aren't so good at producing the instruction sheets. You did a great job ;)