PDA

View Full Version : PBY-5A Catalina

dragaodepapel
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, yesterday I want to build a model that isn't of my own designs.
I have a lot of models printed here, but to assembly...

So, I choose to assemply the PBY-5A Catalina, from Kancho Iliev. I get the version F: OA-10 os U.S. Navy.

On this thread we will have a lot of big grins :D Why? Because it will be something like how do NOT build a paper model.

My building skills aren't good, and my english either.

I'm using 90 grams paper for all the model. Yes, some pages say cardboard but... think like "I don't read it." :)

dragaodepapel
03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
I chose this models but, at first parts, I have disapointed: it's hard to me to understand the instructions! But, I will go ahead. Maybe a plane will appear, or something to put fire.

I assembly my models in front of the computer, while I'm programming, drawing, modeling, sparing time at Second Life, or playing The Sims 2. :D
When I'm not working with resin castings, that make me to wrote some weird things (like that).

So, I say, assembling models in front of the computer, in a small space like in the first picture, isn't a good thing. But is funny! :)

Zathros
03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
My table is about 10 feet from my computer. It is a pain in the culo to go back and forth. I know what you mean.

B-Manic
03-25-2008, 08:00 PM
It looks like you are off to a good start.

willygoat
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll be keeping tabs on this one. I've had the same model burning up hard drive space for 2 years now. I've been waiting for someone to build it so I can tell if it's worth the sorrow.

John Bowden
03-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Remember this is one of Kancho's early designs...........like the F-104 he was still learning and developing his design technique.

Not to discourage you, but just wanted you to keep that in the back of your mind as you build.............

So far so good!

john

whulsey
03-26-2008, 12:23 AM
You mean everbody doesn't work on a cutting pad in front of the monitor just above the keyboard??? I see you're playing safe with the mat next to your keyboard. I like living dangerously with the glue and the paper trimmings above it.

Darwin
03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I've always held that a layer of paper snippings lying under the keys acts to cushion the descent of vigorous keystrokes, thus protecting against stress cracking and prolonging the life of the keyboard.....this is a good thing.

dragaodepapel
03-26-2008, 08:43 PM
My mat is big, don't fit in the space under the keyboard :).

I use a piece of heavy cardboard as a cut mat.

The building now is going very well. Finaly I understand the instructions.

Tomorrow I put new pictures.

whulsey, the mat close my keyboard is my mousepad. It's the only mousepad type that my optical mouse accept. The surface is good for a cut mat, maybe when it get very old and I need to replace, it will get some great finish. :)

My mouse pad have ink, glue, cat fur, and other thigs :D

papiro
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Está começando a ficar bonito!
Go ahead with your work, difficulties are only challenges for improvement...
It looks good in this stage.
The cat fur could be a good complement to same model, he he ! (is the firstime I heard a mouse eats a cat and other strange things, he he)
Best regards

gomidefilho
04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Hey Larissa nice model! ;)

But careful whith skins, I have some problems to fit, and no concluded my PBY in RN colors...

Cheers!

dragaodepapel
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I need to stop the building, due to more important tasks :)

But, sometime I will finish it.

dragaodepapel
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
More building :)

Don Boose
04-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Good progress!

Don

milenio3
04-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Muy interesante!

Keep it going, friend!

dragaodepapel
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
I have been very busy these days :)

And, I don't know if is possible to finish this model. My kitty get it and... who have cats know what happens ;)

Well, I will try to recover this model from certain dead. Maybe.

Later I put some photos of the result from the "attack of the giant crazy kitty!!"

dragaodepapel
11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, there is the result of the "Giant Cat Attack!"

Maybe someday I start it again.

Pictures: the remains of the model and the artist that makes that :)

birder
11-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Your cat has "mad eyes" (as my daughter would say when she was little).

Zathros
11-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Spray is silver. It would make a great diorama piece! Seriously.

Stev0
11-24-2008, 10:07 PM
no!!!!!! KITTAH!!!

billy.leliveld
11-25-2008, 03:19 AM
I think you need one of these;