PDA

View Full Version : problem uploading models

rch123
12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi guys, I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but I can't upload my models. I tried uploading the Winchester, but it just said "missing security token". Does anyone know if its because of me, or because of a technical issue with the site? I did the "please inform (I forget who it said to inform) so and so " option but haven't heard back yet.

peter taft
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi guys, I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but I can't upload my models. I tried uploading the Winchester, but it just said "missing security token". Does anyone know if its because of me, or because of a technical issue with the site? I did the "please inform (I forget who it said to inform) so and so " option but haven't heard back yet.

Hey... you shouldn't get a problem as such, if you've pm'd Rick he will sort it for you. If the file is big, try to zip it up.

tug
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I've been having a different problem, when I go to down load a zip file all I get is the "you have to wait 60 sec between down loads" screen.

HELP!!:eek:

Tug

rch123
12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I get that too sometimes, but only when I try downloading really fast after downloading something before it.:rolleyes: My problem is driving me crazy! I modeled the Winchester and can't do anything with it! It has been about 3 days since I did the inform the administrator thing, and no one got back to me yet.:confused: He must be busy.

GaryPilsworth
12-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I get that too sometimes, but only when I try downloading really fast after downloading something before it.:rolleyes: My problem is driving me crazy! I modeled the Winchester and can't do anything with it! It has been about 3 days since I did the inform the administrator thing, and no one got back to me yet.:confused: He must be busy.
what format is the winchester, ya can only upload certain types of files

Ron40
12-04-2010, 05:55 PM
rch123,
I believe they have to look it over and approve it before they
will post it in the downloads section,which may take some time...Ron

rch123
12-04-2010, 05:57 PM
what format is the winchester, ya can only upload certain types of files

It's a pdf in a zip.

GaryPilsworth
12-04-2010, 06:03 PM
It's a pdf in a zip.
zips n PDFs should be fine what size is the file

rickstef
12-04-2010, 06:06 PM
It has been about 3 days since I did the inform the administrator thing, and no one got back to me yet.:confused: He must be busy.

Which admin did you send the message to?

and I see no Winchester waiting to be approved either

rch123
12-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Gary >> my file is 12.1 mb .

Rick >> It didn't say which administrator. I tried the upload, it gave me the error "missing security token" and said "inform the administrator" (that was the only option on the page btw) and I wrote the meesage and hit send.

jobeaux
12-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I've been having a different problem, when I go to down load a zip file all I get is the "you have to wait 60 sec between down loads" screen.

HELP!!:eek:

Tug

I have the same problem Tug. Tried clearing all my cookies like I was advised, no effect. Sent a message to admins and never heard back. If you find a solution please let me know what it is. This is not just some of the time... it's every single download, and there's some really nice ones I'd like to be able to do someday. :-(

rickstef
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Try reducing the file size, we do have some limits in place

As for the download problem, that is above what i know, Jason and Chris might be able to help

cgutzmer
12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Its too big.... I can host it up for you then link it in the freebies area.... please email it to me cgutzmer at gmail period com
Thanks!
Chris

rch123
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Ok, thanks Chris

cgutzmer
12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
yes they are hosted off site when too big.... usually I do it for people upon request. You can use any file host be most of us appreciate not using hotfiles, rapidshare etc etc.

email it to me and I will get it loaded for ya.
Chris

cgutzmer
12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
its in :)

PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Winchester 1873 (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=732)

rch123
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Awsome. You're the man:)