PDA

View Full Version : Two churches

Mike Stamper
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I've been going through a "bad patch" recently. I've started a few models and one has been consigned to the waste bin and the other has been put aside for a while.

I decided to go back to basics and build a church or two. Here are two finished models.

As you will see they are completely differend in design. The Cathedral in Estergom Hungary seems to be a basic computer designed kit, while the Baroque Church in Niendorf Germany is a "hand drawn " kit. The third one that I've just started is a kit using photographs. Of the three, Estergom was 3rd on my list. It's souless and the fit is not that good. I guess in a way, it reflects the original Cathedral - It's not one of my favourite buildings. I've been there so I had to have the kit! The Baroque church is quite different. I'm not sure why I bought it but I'm glad I did. Although it's not like any other church I've seen - it still has a "rustic" feel. And it was much easier to put together.

You will have to wait for the third Cathedral ;-)

Cheers
Mike

Jerry V
12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Nice work!, but I prefer the 2nd above the first..

Kevin WS
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Mike - I know the feeling. Have been battling with Mount SM - have been away for 10 days and now I really do not feel like going on! It really is a swine of a kit. We' ll see this weekend!

I like your 2 churches - especially the second. Different!

Dave Friesen
12-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Is the second one called "The Round Church" where no one can get cornered?

Tapcho
12-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Great builds both Mike but the second one is my favourite too. I like what Dave told about it - ''a church where no one can cornered''. Merry Christmas Mike.

Tappi