PDA

View Full Version : Wsop

dansls1
07-18-2007, 08:41 AM
So, like much of the American public, I have been drawn into the addiction of watching Poker on television for the last few years. I have my DVR (like Tivo, but Comcast' version) set to record all of the World Series of Poker episodes. Of course, this is a tape-delayed event. The final table was available on a pay-per-view basis - but I'm not THAT addicted (and wouldn't want to see the final table before the other coverage anyway).

So today I'm checking Yahoo Sports, just to see what the daily headlines are regarding Beckham's and Bond's circuses and whatnot. What do I see? 'XXXXXX wins WSOP' (Number of X's not accurate so as to not be a spoiler here). So now - I've got like 12 episodes of television that I'll enjoy much less because I know the final outcome. I know in the grand scheme of things it's a minor issue - but I felt a vent was necessary.

John Bowden
07-18-2007, 10:21 AM
NEVER check the news..............real, sports or otherwise................. an ignorant sole is a happy sole.

You should see the NASCAR guys when they find out after tapping a race they missed:)

dansls1
07-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I guess I just assumed Poker isn't really a sport, more an entertainment deal - so it wouldn't show up on the sports headline page.
I'm used to dealing with it for the few Formula 1 races that aren't shown live anymore (or just settling for the fact that I'm going to know ahead of time who wins, even though I'll still watch the race). I just didn't think about it with the Poker.

cgutzmer
07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
DANG! You werent supposed to find out I won yet ;)
Chris