PDA

View Full Version : Dream House

Mars-1
01-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Ok, I built this one as a joke and just kept having fun with it.

mchale
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Where did you find that model

Mars-1
01-04-2011, 09:53 PM
My own design, if I can figure out how to convert the files over, I would love to be able to share these.

DEATH ANGELS
01-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Dont laugh... Well go ahead laugh at me. I had to rent one of those tornado magnets while a building crew could not finish my house. Just like that wonderful model it even had the living room stepped roof. I pity the fool.

bagpiper
01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
My own design, if I can figure out how to convert the files over, I would love to be able to share these.

Well let us know if you need a hand converting files. Lots of us here can help out in that if you need this done.

Nice little build. Very unique.

Cheers
Jim

tazman3
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
LOL...I grew up in one of those "tornado magnets"...though not in tornado alley...then lived in one for a little while after I got married...bedroom on one end was my "model room"...ahhh...those were the days. Mobiles homes aren't the prettiest things in the world, but they are homes sometimes. That is a cool model...and adding the tires on top is right on point...haha...the dilapidated shed is cool too...I can say I actually have one of those! LOL!!

tazman3
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
R-O-F-L...I just noticed the SPOOL! Hahahahaha...we had so many of these floating around the neighborhood when I was growing up...we did so many things with them...however, I did know a guy that had used these as landscaping...he had a bunch of them...some cut in half, set up on their sides...it was pretty cool...and as bad as I hate to admit it...I knew a guy who had one of these as a kitchen table.

willygoat
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
That is awesome! I hope you find a way to put that one out.

Ponytail
01-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Very fine model.
Most I like the weathering used.
Would like to see it in HO-scale (1/87);)

Greetings
PT

cgutzmer
01-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Awesome! bit nicer than the one I grew up in ;) hope you can get it shared :)

Darwin
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
You forgot the five dogs lying beneath the porch. I love it...it would look great sitting alongside the tracks of the HO layout I am building in my mind.

hawkman67
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Flashbacks! Flashbacks!! as rocking self in the corner:). love and hope you can convert the files, so Cool!
Jeff

B-Manic
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I really like your diorama as well. The weathering is excellent.

rockpaperscissor
01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
That is a really wonderful little vignette. Great job on the entire design. The weathering is outstanding.

Darwin
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Assuming this is a WIP, a nice finishing touch would be the front seat of a '49 Nash sitting next to the cable spool.

mchale
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
i call this diorama jeff foxwothy's redneck house

Retired_for_now
01-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Now that's creative! I feel a country song coming on ...
Yogi

Stev0
01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
You should take Claudio's Camaro and scale it down with less parts and put it up on blocks. =)

1976 Camaro | FREE paper models (http://paperinside.com/bumblebee/1976-camaro/)

http://www.paperinside.com/wp-content/images/bumblebee/camaro/1976Camaro01_resize.jpg

Mr. Hawley
01-06-2011, 06:42 AM
OMG I have GOT to have one of these for my collection!

airdave
01-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Where's Joy, Darnell and the Kids?

Darwin
01-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Where's Joy, Darnell and the Kids?

By the kids, do you mean Jr and the other Jr?

Zathros
01-06-2011, 11:36 AM
That is one of the best dioramas. If art is capturing a moment in time and space, capturing the essence of the subject, judging by all the reactions here, including my own, you have more than succeeded. It may have started as a joke, but you have something really excellent there. I want one!!

Mars-1
01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
OK, I guess people like this one. I need to find a way to share this out. I would love to see what others do with it. Meanwhile, I'm playing with the idea of a couple more to go with it.

Ron40
01-07-2011, 07:28 AM
The Trailer House setting is definitely located somewhere
in Arkansas. It seems Arkansas has the most trailer homes
in the US. A very good humor provoking model that is also
a reality check....Ron

ringmaster
01-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I lived there for eight years. Got to have it in 1:43

Tapcho
01-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Just found this - there's so lot happening here that I can't keep up! Great diorama alltogether and a very interesting subject choice and as Ron remained including a social sidenote too which is a bonus to me at least. Wonderfull details and textures - I love it and sincerely hope that you share this desing of yours and let the rest of us try it too.

Tappi

cjwalas
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Just found this one as well. Great model, excellent painting! I've got a friend I'd love to build this one for to use on his train layout!
Chris

billy.leliveld
01-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Maybe Dave can step in and do the beat-up Ford pickup-truck with a gun-rack and a six-pack Buds on the passenger-seat :cool:

jmr248
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I for one can not imagine this without Pink Flamingos and a child's swimming pool with duck decoys floating in the water. Least ways if not flamingos, alot of these have an old claw footed bathtub outside with flowers in it or some other type of "Yard Art."
Joe

billy.leliveld
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I forgot the furry-dice :cool:

Ron40
01-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Billy,
The pickup Truck along with Darwins dogs under the front porch
would be welcome additions.....LOL.....Ron

airdave
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Maybe Dave can step in and do the beat-up Ford pickup-truck with a gun-rack and a six-pack Buds on the passenger-seat :cool:

haha actually, to look more redneck realistic,
this run down old trailer park home should have a brand new shiny custom painted monster truck in front!!!

rickstef
01-07-2011, 11:32 AM
or a brand new muscle car

billy.leliveld
01-07-2011, 11:54 AM
But with a rabbit foot on the keyring....

hawkman67
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
And maybe one of the old huge Sat. dishes out in the yard.:rolleyes:
Jeff

Tapcho
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Aaah, social studies - my favourite! ;-)

billy.leliveld
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Nah, just have been watching to many American road- movies;)

whulsey
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
This one is great.

SCEtoAUX
01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Yep, definitely needs one of them big ol' satellite dishes on the lot. Some of them are even painted up real purty like.

A clothesline too. Maybe one of them ones that spins around. :)

Darwin
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
The really hip people have the clawfoot bathtub elevated on blocks with a fire pit beneath it....Ozark hot tub.

airdave
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM
We use the old satellite dish fer the Kid's Pool.
Keeps the younguns from gettin away,
'cause no matter how hard they try to climb out
they just keep slidin' back to the middle.

and fer the Fire Pit, them old Clothes Dryer tubs are better
'cause theys all ready full o' air holes!
... theys sure do look purty when their burnin'

Mars-1
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Ok, too much fun here. The problem with all the accessories was that I would have lost the trailer. If I can make this available, I should include extra stuff for that "custom" treatment. I did make a tarp covered car up on blocks but it blocked the porch and doghouse in the photos. Other ideas were the bathtub, a bathtub fish pond, huge above ground pool, kiddie pool with a lawn chair in it (keeps the ants off your feet) portable hot tub (gene pool) flamingos, clothes line with wife-beaters, camo pants and red satin sheets, satellite dish, (there is a small one for the model but I forgot to put it on) CB radio tower, various coolers, couch on the lawn, BBQ grill, 55 gal. drum grill and of course, a turkey fryer. I'm thinking a whole trailer town could keep me busy for months. A couple of interesting redneck rivieras that I pass on my way to work could have possibilites as well, One is completly covered in straw bales for insulation (i hope) and the other is two double-wides joined with a plywood addition in the middle making a big "H" shaped palace. By the way, we use a split rim from a tractor for a fire pit around here

treadhead1952
01-07-2011, 09:53 PM
:)Oh yeah, you definitely struck a chord with this crew!:)

Coming from Arkansas, I can recall seeing many of these in all sorts of states of disrepair with more than all the stuff that everyone has attributed to for yard decorations. But you have a good eye and touch for your little scene, I definitely like it.

bagpiper
01-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey there. Sorry been really busy and did not get back to you. I downloaded the trial of Zoner Draw 5 and it has an export to pdf as well as an export function to many other formats. Not sure if the export to pdf is because I have adobe acrobat installed or is just because I am using version 5 of Zoner Draw. Does your version 3 have any of these options? If you could convert it to some other format than the zmf format I could covert them for you into pdf if that would help you out. Let me know. But there are pdf creators out there that are free if you wanted to give it a go.

Here is a link to LittlePDF (http://www.littlepdf.com/)

Cheers
Jim

carlos filipe
01-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Hi Mars-1:
Great little diorama. I'm not aware of the social background, apart from american films, but judging from the witty remarks and add on sugestions you hit the mark. You tell a story, using irony. definitey you have a good storyhere and that is what dioramas are all about.
I appreciate your idea of focusing on the main idea and refraining from adding details that could blur the otherwise sharp image you created.
Like the detail of space the irregular shape of the base. It connects your miniature representation of the world with the real one. Boundaries became diluted.
Hope you manage to produce a modle to offer to the community.
regards
Carlos

Chats
01-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Sure does have that back home feel'ng. I think Air Daves "67
Chevy Impala would look good in the driveway. This thread
has generated so much interesting feed-back and insight that
it is bringing everyone back on track. Thank You Mars.

murphyaa
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
If he can convert it to a .wmf file, anybody with Inkscape can open it and save it as a .pdf

Scifimodelfan
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM
I loved it and would love to build it. I work for a large Insurance Company and was on a Nonrenewal project in regards to Motor Homes....I saw homes just like this one. Would lov it for my desk. Love it

The-EDSEL
05-08-2011, 12:04 AM
I love this too. But I know I don't have inkscape. I do have gimp, Ultimate paint, and a few other drawing/picture editing programs

And Yes there are several Free pdf creators out there.

I have pdf995 or is it 995pdf.