PDA

View Full Version : POTW for January 14th 2011

peter taft
01-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi Guys. 14 days of the year gone already :eek: what happened :rolleyes:
Right on to this weeks offering. Dessy produced something here that can only be described has FREAKIN' AWESOME {Sorry about that - but it really is} I looked and looked at this baby, and was {still am} in awe of Dessy's talent and craftsmanship. I showed this to many people, and the disbelief when i tell them " It's Paper" is priceless. So Dessy, please accept this award from all the guys and gals here at PM DOT COM, and enjoy your special place in the hall of fame P.O.T.W. :)

FULL STORY HERE: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/12748-tactical-45-ump.html

Ron40
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Another great choice Peter. It is difficult to realize it is made
of paper. Very realistic model....Ron

Grizley
01-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Definitely agree, a wonderful choice. When I first saw the photo I was like "come on now, that can't be paper" you can see upon VERY close inspection that it's paper, but you can only just barely tell. A superbly designed and impeccably built model. Congrats to designer and builder.

sgoti
01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Wha... Huh?...

NO WAY THAT"S PAPER! :eek:

OK, yes way, just a work of one of the masters. ;)

FANTASTIC work, what did you use for the shoulder strap?

cgutzmer
01-14-2011, 05:30 AM
It looks like a real shoulder strap from a camera/duffle bag/real gun sling! :)

Awesome build - its one of my favs!
Chris

Zathros
01-14-2011, 06:18 AM
I know some cops who would probably shot first and ask questions later. That is one realistic weapon. You could probably hold a bank up with that. Really amazing!

doctormax
01-14-2011, 06:25 AM
it is a good build well done but I would say was it not a bad time to have a gun as picture of the week Peter. Considering what happened last weekend in Arizona.

Texman
01-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Picture of the week, absolutely. It is a gorgeous build. I would be proud
to display it anywhere.

whulsey
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Doctormax, have a touch of that feeling myself. Especially since I'm getting ready to head out the door to Tucson. That said it is an amazing piece of craftsmanship and congratulations to both the designer and builder.

Zathros
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Then it will never be right, many, many people are going to die today. Give all the looney's paperguns, I'll stick to my real ones. The model is just incredibly awesome, I wouldn't walk around with it in public though.

peter taft
01-14-2011, 01:59 PM
it is a good build well done but I would say was it not a bad time to have a gun as picture of the week Peter. Considering what happened last weekend in Arizona.

Yes i had given this thought Martin, BUT there will always be shootings - soooo, there would never be a GOOD time to show one of these. Hope that helps.

doctormax
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes i had given this thought Martin, BUT there will always be shootings - soooo, there would never be a GOOD time to show one of these. Hope that helps.

I suppose your right there, besides i have built a lot of guns myself but not as well as Dessy's one there.

dessy
01-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi Guys. 14 days of the year gone already :eek: what happened :rolleyes:
Right on to this weeks offering. Dessy produced something here that can only be described has FREAKIN' AWESOME {Sorry about that - but it really is} I looked and looked at this baby, and was {still am} in awe of Dessy's talent and craftsmanship. I showed this to many people, and the disbelief when i tell them " It's Paper" is priceless. So Dessy, please accept this award from all the guys and gals here at PM DOT COM, and enjoy your special place in the hall of fame P.O.T.W. :)

FULL STORY HERE: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/12748-tactical-45-ump.html

wow! that was a suprise when i went to log in, and with my very own trophy, at least i'm good at something. a great thanks to PM and every ones appreciated comments.
chris gutsmer> nearly, the strap is off my guitar bag. i'm like the borg, i,ll assimulate anything in the house to complete a model, so the wife tells me!

Millenniumfalsehood
01-15-2011, 08:57 AM
I have to admit, my first thought was, "Where's the paper?" It just does NOT look like it's made out of good ol' cardstock.

Papercut
01-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I have to admit, my first thought was, "Where's the paper?" It just does NOT look like it's made out of good ol' cardstock. He has the ability to make card look like a weapon made from the real material. Very impressive to say the least, but hey Dillinger made a pistol out of a bar of soap and used it to fool a guard into letting him out of his cell and to escape. Just goes to show, the human eye sees what it sees and can be very easily fooled!

As stated before, I am one of those who believe in the right to bear arms and do, and even I find it hard to tell this is not the real deal. I also agree, if you were out in the world w/this and the wrong person felt threatened, you would be in for a bad day.:eek:

That's not a complaint, but a compliment as too just how good a job was done.

DORIS
01-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Incredible work and perfect model. I would believe that this is a real weapon. Congratulations to POTW.

Lex
01-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Okay that picture fooled me for once.

So I took a closer look,

Wait it is still the real thing!

Peter you're sure you haven't mixed up your image files? :D

treadhead1952
01-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Yeppers, looks very much like the real deal.

But as mentioned earlier, I still much prefer ones that go "BANG!" when the trigger is pulled.

Zathros
01-15-2011, 12:36 PM
"As stated before, I am one of those who believe in the right to bear arms"

Me too, otherwise I couldn't pick up a damn thing!! I don't believe in arming bears though, that's just wrong.:)

dessy
01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
hi gals and gals
just like to thank again all the members of this community for your graciouse words. this is my first ond only membership to a forum relating to paper modeling and actually only started the craft 12 months ago! if you could see me now 'on cloud nine' thanks also to pete taft for this choice in 'some what troubled times'

dessy
01-15-2011, 05:47 PM
He has the ability to make card look like a weapon made from the real material. Very impressive to say the least, but hey Dillinger made a pistol out of a bar of soap and used it to fool a guard into letting him out of his cell and to escape. Just goes to show, the human eye sees what it sees and can be very easily fooled!

As stated before, I am one of those who believe in the right to bear arms and do, and even I find it hard to tell this is not the real deal. I also agree, if you were out in the world w/this and the wrong person felt threatened, you would be in for a bad day.:eek:

That's not a complaint, but a compliment as too just how good a job was done.

good words papercut. you remind me of my dad! only joking :)