PDA

View Full Version : Link sharing

Dented Rick
01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Just a quick question, If I see something spectacular somewhere else, and want to share it here, is posting a link to the papercraft on the original site allowed? or is that frowned upon? btw, this is for a Papercraft that was created by the author on the original site, NOT something he is hosting for someone else.

Still new here, and wanting to play fair. thx for the feedback

3Turner
01-28-2011, 05:17 PM
You can always post a link up to models you find that you think are spectacular and want to share with the community. Just keep in mind that posting the link(s) which lead to pirate websites/forums is frowned upon. If at anytime you are unsure as to the validity of the link, pm an administrator or moderator and ask before you post it up. Here is a link to the list to help you out. PaperModelers.com - Show Groups (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/showgroups.php)

Welcome to the forums. ;)

bf109
01-28-2011, 05:20 PM
ofcourse its allowed here , where not on some other site (z) .
by doubt if a link is legal (not hosting pirated models ) just ask 1 of the admins .

for the rest WELCOME to the best forum on the net :)

3turner beat me with a couple of sec. :))))

Zathros
01-28-2011, 05:21 PM
These types of posts go in the "Found it on the Internet" section. They are great, if legit, and highly appreciated!

cgutzmer
01-28-2011, 05:21 PM
We also ask that you post to the page that shows the model, dont post a direct link to the model itself. We want to make sure the site owner gets his share of the traffic! :)
Chris

Dented Rick
01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks all. That answers my question perfectly. :)

Golden Bear
01-28-2011, 07:48 PM
This is a nice thing about this site, that I have observed... there is no objection to posting links to other cool sites (Kartonist, whatever) or other places. I think it is nice not to see the insecurity that exists in other places!

But, DO NOT post to pirate sites! These'll be closed right down.

Carl

Dented Rick
01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
This is a nice thing about this site, that I have observed... there is no objection to posting links to other cool sites (Kartonist, whatever) or other places. I think it is nice not to see the insecurity that exists in other places!

But, DO NOT post to pirate sites! These'll be closed right down.

Carl

I'll be careful, and if any doubts, I'll be sure to ask on of the mods here.

Retired_for_now
01-30-2011, 06:46 AM
You can also add your find to the links section (tab at top right of the web page). Always an interesting place to spend an afternoon.

Yogi

SJPONeill
01-30-2011, 04:44 PM
....and please take care to check that the sites you are linking to actually have permission to be hosting works by other author's and are simply not just linking to their downloads and denying their websites the benefits of visitors...many hosting sites like blogspot pay blog owners for the clicks on ads but if other sites are linking direct to the downloads then the authors lose out even if the models themselves are actually free...