PDA

View Full Version : Matyas Templom

Mike Stamper
01-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Or in English St Mathias Cathedral, Budapest.

This is a smaller scale than the ususal Cathedral Kits made by people like Schreiber - it's 1:200. The kit comes in an A4 sized book published by 3D Karton in Hungary.
The instructions are in English, but are a bit sparse. I must admit I didn't follow the instructions very closely. For example, It suggests making the tower first. I did make it first but put it away in a safe place till the end. It has many small bits and would get in the way if it was added to the building first. I'm glad I made it first, it was good to get it done early on when the interest was still high. I left all the small towres, spires and gargoils to the end, again they would be very vulnerable if added early on.

There are plenty of pictures and the parts have an arrow with the numbers. Unforunately the pictures are small and "pixilated" on more than one occasion I had to use a magnifying glass to work out what went where.

The above sounds as if I didn't like it. The point is it was a good kit and I liked the subject. It is one of the best kits and compares very favourably with the "big" publishers. Also he smaller scale means that the "footprint" is managable at about 18X9 inches. The main tower is the problem at about 15 inches.

Cheers
Mike

bagpiper
01-30-2011, 05:46 PM
What a very fine model indeed. It certainly has a lot of character. Looks like there are a lot of very tricky parts in there that you managed without too much headache. Looks great. Did you have any problems gluing the long vertical upright pieces or where these tongue and groove joints.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Jim

Phil
01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Beautiful! A work of art. I like the layered details. Thanx!

Kevin WS
01-31-2011, 02:03 AM
Excellent work!

I really like the model - looks very realistic!

Tim Crowe
01-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Another great model Mike.

Will you be bringing it to Milton Keynes this coming Sunday?

Tim

KisSas
01-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Hello Modelers!

I built this model too. I hadn't any problem during the build. It's very nice and exact, and detailed fairly. And if you see as the first model of the publisher, it's come off well!
(I have some pictures of it in my gallery)

Art Deco
01-31-2011, 06:11 AM
That's a beautiful model! I really like the graphics, the portrayal of detail and the color saturation is very realistic.

Excellent construction! You must be a man of great patience, cutting out all those gargoyles and crockets on the spire must have required a great deal of very careful knifework. Bravo!

eatcrow2
01-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Wonderful detailed work, and great setting for the photos...

Pat_craft
01-31-2011, 07:37 AM
waou... Beautiful model ! Very reallistic !

Mike Stamper
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the comments, as kissas said, the parts fit well so that makes life easier.

I always amaze myself, I'm usually totally impatient - except when it comes to models. I think it has a lot to do with the subject - I've tried other kits and they don't last long.

There are no tongue and groove joints for the pieces. On the spire and the gargoils, I cut off the tabs and just butt join them.

Tim, yes I will be bringing it to MK on Sunday. I'm thinking of bringing just churches, so some of the models that were at the Museum of Childhood will be there.

Cheers
Mike