PDA

View Full Version : POTW for February 11th 2011

peter taft
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi guys. For this weeks offering, i give you the beautifully built VW Samba Bus {Wilhelmshavener} built by BLUENOSER - Ron. He went to great lengths to make this look magnificent... all the added details in chrome etc, turned this into a masterpiece. The shape in it'self is hard to produce - lots of tight curves and shapes, but Ron pulled it off. Ron, please accept this award from all the guys and gals here on the best paper model forum on the network - and enjoy your very well deserved 7 days on the front page... it's all yours :)

Full Story Here : http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/civilian-wheels/10467-vw-bus.html

oFWhsPt1mIE

redhorse
02-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Great job on this one! I've had this one printed out for a few years and I'm amazed at what you've done with the kit. Congratulations!

bagpiper
02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
One of the things I love about the POTW is that it is giving all of us a chance to see some fine models we may have missed in this extremely busy forum. This is yet again another winner indeed. It certainly has a class of it's own. Very nice POTW Peter.

Cheers to you and Ron for his fine build.

Jim

Rubenandres77
02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
This is great work. I followed the thread from the beginning and it was exciting to see how it took shape.

Definitely a great work :)

very well deserved honor!

Bluenoser
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
:) OMG, I love the video!!

Thanks Peter and thankyou to everyone else for your never ending support.

Ron

silveroxide
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Retro time again, the hippie mobile, all it lacks is the peace symbols and flower power graffiti. Very nicely done.

KCStephens
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Another excellent choice Pete. Congratulations on a fine build, Ron, well deserved kudos to you!

Lex
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Great job on this build, on an often overlooked but difficult subject!

Art Deco
02-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Beautiful work by Bluenoser, excellent choice for POTW! Bravo!

cbg
02-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Yeah, this is nice and a good choice for potw. . .lots of difficult compound curves to get right.
Hey, Bluenoser. . .you gonna tackle the single cab pick-up next?

cbg

Michael Mash
02-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Excellent work.
You got to love this one. Why don't they make these anymore? They would sell millions!
Mike

doctormax
02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
That is really nice,

ghshinn
02-11-2011, 09:42 AM
That bus takes me back to a little trip I took in the '60s from San Diego to Seattle. Great job and great pick.

Garland

Thomas Meek
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
A really good job on a really tough build.
The finished model is beautiful, and makes me want to climb behind the wheel and brave the cold of February despite the lousy heater.
The video is great, too.

birder
02-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Cool ride Bluenoser..

tazman3
02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
What an awesome choice! Bluenoser, great job on this kit. I can see you really put some care into it, and it really shows...like everything with this forum I'm constantly amazed at the talent and the broad spectrum of genres represented here.

jobeaux
02-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Great build Ron! The chrome adds so much to this model, well done. Good work on the video too Pete, the music and editing "capture the mood" perfectly.

kenlwest
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Another perfect choice for Picture of the Week!!! Well deserved!

You always seem to find the perfect background music, Pete!!

Volkswagen actually contemplated building a retro-bus during the retro-craze a few years back, and even built a prototype show car of this. Too bad they changed their mind. They did however, release the modern version of the Beetle.

Nice job on this one!!

-Jim G
02-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I think this was a GREAT CHOICE for pic of the week! The model brings me back to my childhood - my parents owned two VW buses. That model captures it perfectly!

Peter, I loved the video!

mbauer
02-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Hi Bluenoser,

Congratulations on POTW-Great build. Really like the chrome, the license plates etc..

Truely a fantastic build!

Owned a 1959 Window van with a 1300cc engine. Drove it from Washington State to Idaho in 1978. Downhill with the wind it would do 55mph, uphill with the wind it would do 25mph.

Picked up many hitchhikers along the route both ways. 17-hours to go 700 miles each way.

Recently drove the same route in a 944 Porsche = 12 hours for the 700 miles.

1959 VW was (faded) blue on lite blue. $400 purchase price. Sure had some wild times in it. Could hold the pedal to the floor and it just kept going...Sold it for more than I paid, once I found a '71 super bug.

Thank you for sharing this excellent build! It sure brings back some memories!!!

Hi Peter, great choice, great music too! Could have used Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Resturaunt" as well, ""twenty seven 8x10 black and white photographs with a paragraph on the back of each one, but it was a case of blind justis...""

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

dessy
02-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Congratulations! 'thats one wicked bus'. ;)

doctormax
02-12-2011, 07:49 AM
it reminds me of going to a hurley match in the 1970's with the team it was better than been the week before going to a match on the back of a trailer pulled by a Tractor. the guy who owned it played some truly awful racket of music all the way. We were so glad to be out of it for the hour are so then we were hoping that his tape would get that gremlin of tapes in car stereoes and be swallowed. Which didn't happen till a few months later one of the guys brought his prized postition of a Three degrees tape and it sure swallowed that tape