PDA

View Full Version : sketchup to corel & photoshop

ONE MODELS CRAFT
02-17-2011, 02:17 AM
before I'm sorry, wrong place, because I do not know where to go.

Can if we make a paper model in Google SketchUp, and unfold in such programs without pepekura? if possible, would be moved into corel or photoshop, do what? thank you ..

please help a complete

sorry, my english is not good ..

airdave
02-17-2011, 09:01 AM
If you want to work on a file in Corel or Photoshop
you need to import or open a vector file.
This is the only type of file you can modify or edit.

You need to output from Sketchup or Pepakura as some form of vector file (SVG maybe?).
Otherwise you will be working with an image file (bmp, jpeg, gif, etc) and real editing is not possible.

goodduck
02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
To go from Sketch-up to Photoshop. After you unfolded the model > In Camera tool, under "Standard Views" select "Top" view. > In "View" uncheck "Axes". You don't want anything in the working window but the line only. > Select "Wireframe" in "Style" under Window tool. At that point. You should have a white background and only the outline of your model. > "File" > "Export" > "2D Graphic" > "Export Type" ".jpg" file. > Open in Photoshop, you should only have the black outline on white BG, in one layer. > "Channels" > "Create new Channel". > "CTRL" key and click Blue or anyone of the channels inside the box. That will select all the outline. > "Shift" + "CTRL" key + "I" key. That will invert the selected image. Or go to "Image" tool, under "Adjustments" select "Invert". Both way do the same thing. > "CTRL" key + "C" key. That will copy the outline. > Go back to "Layers". > "Create a new layer". > "CTRL" key + "V" key. That will paste the outline on that new layer. Now that you got your new line drawing, you don't need that BG line anymore, you can delete that but keep the white BG. So, now. You got just a line drwaing that you can add as many new layers under the line to do texture with. Have fun!

One more thing. After you copy the line and before you past it on the new layer. While the line are still selected. You can paint the line any color you what, then paste it. Or you can wait till you done texture then go back to channel and select the line channel again to paint the line any color you want. ...........did I lost you? :D

airdave
02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
and do the same in Corel....just import the jpeg, hit centerline vector trace, and its done.
a line drawing/vector layer
lol

it just won't be a very good vector line drawing and may require some clean up

I avoid trace to vectorline unless I really have to
since it can sometimes be more work cleaning up the file than creating a new one.