PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Diorama challange, get models free!

ct ertz
04-10-2011, 01:52 PM
I have a few Civil War ship models available in the free downloads and over at ecards. Although I can put together some what credible ships, what I have never been able to do is build a convincing water diorama scene. So here is my challenge to all who want to give it a try:

Make a diorama using at least one of my models and some kind of water base scene. Feel free to use other models of the same scale such as Avery's or MMs. Please describe the process so people as unskilled as myself can repeat the process. Make note of any other models uses and were they came from, including shore side structures if any.

This is really not a contest. Just PM me with your email address. I know that deciding on what models to use can be a pain so I am willing to send you up to three of my models for you to evaluate and keep. You do not have to use all three of them, but at least one.

Teaming up my Virginia II with Avery's double turreted monitor would be a great diorama, or perhaps a fictional battle between the CSS Georgia and a couple of MMs side-wheeled gunboats coming in to take Savanna? Or maybe just the USS Chilicothe on a lone patrol on some Southern back water river. Any how, do what you will, just let me and everyone else know how you do it. I have around 41 models available, a bit over half are ships. So have fun. un published models are the CSS Pee Dee, the white Hall vessel, and the early CSS Tennessee (sister to the CSS Arkansas) Just ask.

Thanks,
CT

rman
04-10-2011, 02:22 PM
CT why do you replace the h in Savannah with a ? ?

ct ertz
04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Typo? I guess...

closet astronaut
04-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey CT you need to contact ironcladman, he's big on ironclads...although I've never seen any pics of his IC builds.