PDA

View Full Version : Prudenzio Contest ME 10- Trop

cjwalas
05-29-2011, 08:04 PM
I actually took an entire day off today. Can't remember that last time that happened. SO this afternoon I sat down in front of the TV and picked up another Zio kit. No, not the SM 79 I should be doing, but the ME 109 Trop. It looked easier and I needed something that I didn't have to think too much through.
Even with the one piece fuselage, this is still a lot easier than the Stuka kit. It's also larger than 1/72. Not sure what scale it is, but I'd guess more like 1/60.
I'm noticing a common design thing in Zio's plane's;

While I much, much prefer the design of the wings and attachment on this kit over the Stuka, the dihedral comes out a bit steep and needs to be adjusted;

I also decided to go with the sound advice of someone (forgive me, I can't find who at the moment) who suggested separate connecting strips ;

this worked out really well and I think I'll stick with this approach for all Zio planes.

It came together well enough;

Maybe now I finally get on with the SM 79!
Chris

Don Boose
05-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Nice work. I think that Zio's airplanes are more notable for the beautiful colors and general impression than for detailed accuracy. I recall building the little Fokker D.VII and Triplane and thinking they were charming, but somewhat toy-like.

Nonetheless, with your additional work on the dehedral and careful workmanship, this one turned out very well, indeed.

Don

ct ertz
05-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Zio? Were do you get them? I wish to add this one if possable to my collection of ME 109s. Your little gem has inspired me. Great work!
CT

Toddlea
05-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Zio? Were do you get them? I wish to add this one if possable to my collection of ME 109s. Your little gem has inspired me. Great work!
CT

You can get them here (http://www.zioprudenzio.it/fokker.html).

Werner Smuts
05-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Nice job!!

rockpaperscissor
05-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Is that a clear canopy? Nice touch. You are just killing me with all these completed models. Since my last post on my P51 I've managed to add the exhaust pipes, the vertical stab, and have finished the left wing. In the same time, you've finished at least two airplanes and a knight. I feel like I must be in another time, another dimension. Maybe I just entered.........The Twilight Zone.

cjwalas
05-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Is that a clear canopy? Nice touch. You are just killing me with all these completed models. Since my last post on my P51 I've managed to add the exhaust pipes, the vertical stab, and have finished the left wing. In the same time, you've finished at least two airplanes and a knight. I feel like I must be in another time, another dimension. Maybe I just entered.........The Twilight Zone.

Well, I really did take time off to do nothing but relax, watch TV and build paper models, so don't worry too much about it. I'm back to work today and there won't be so much time for the fun stuff.
The clear canopy on this one was a little more work than most; it's not the best fit in the first place. But it came out OK, all things considered. But I am really glad I didn't try a clear canopy on the Stuka, my masochistic tendencies only go so far!
Chris

gomidefilho
05-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Very nice Me-109, I intent after Nie 17 build started a 109E-1 in this contest...