PDA

View Full Version : Prudenzio Contest Vought F4u-1 Corsair

doctormax
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
The Corsair well it is one sheet of parts. This is me taking a break from the Zara and trying to have something to do during the thunder storm we are having here right now. talk about rain falling it is more like the rainy season in Lagos as Marko on here would know

doctormax
06-11-2011, 02:19 AM
so made a start on the plane. I am doing the double tab as the planes have rather than cut one off and use just one tab.

doctormax
06-11-2011, 06:06 AM
I just thought of a different method that seems to work on the wings for zio's planes start building from the middle part that goes to the fuselage top first then the bottom i thought of this to late since i done one part of the top portion of the wing and it is working out fairly well now. . I think they work out better if you work outwards from the middle on both sides.

cjwalas
06-11-2011, 06:38 AM
That's the exact wing build procedure that I've come to use on the Zio models and it seems like that's what Zio had in mind when he designed them, at least some of them. I look forward to following your progress on this one.
Chris

doctormax
06-11-2011, 01:36 PM
That's the exact wing build procedure that I've come to use on the Zio models and it seems like that's what Zio had in mind when he designed them, at least some of them. I look forward to following your progress on this one.
Chris
oh it worked well on one side and the other i think is slightly longer after measuring it it seems the top part is about three milimeters smaller than the one the other one overall but i am trying to get it to work not the less as best it can

doctormax
06-11-2011, 01:56 PM
well an update. not so happy do with it really but will continue on none the less

RyanShort
06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
It's been about 6-8 years, but my successful built of the Corsair I think I built the wings all the way first, then added them on to the fuselage. Also, I think I put the top wings together, then joined the leading edges of the wings, and then bottom.
I think it took me 3 tries, but it did work out well enough to put on a display at a gift shop.

Ryan

doctormax
06-12-2011, 02:08 AM
further update, i may get it finished today it doesn't look so bad as i thought it did last night have to say

doctormax
06-12-2011, 06:10 AM
update and finish :)