PDA

View Full Version : MC200 by Marek

pahorace
06-18-2008, 05:22 PM
MC200 - [Macchi-Castoldi] - by Marek PACYNSKI
1:50 scale

I never built a model airplane in my life.
This is the second, thanks to this Forum.

Orazio

CMDRTED
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
You did very well! You coloured the edges of the card stock, everything looks nice and tight, and great photgraphs to match. Fantastic!

GreMir
06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
...I never built a model airplane in my life.
This is the second, ....

Orazio

You sure fooled me :D
Great job and hopefully we will see more planes built by you.

264ARM
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Very nice build and thanks for sharing.

Johnny
06-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Congrats with a nice build!!

pahorace
06-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Hello boys, thanks for your kind remarks but I learned a lot from you.

Hello Michael, thank you.
No! not deceive you!
In the past I did modeling plastic, only Tank, never aircraft.
From you have already purchased:
035-GreMir Republic P-47D Oh Johnnie (already received upload)
and
GreMir 018-Ryan NYP Spirit of St.. Louis.

dansls1
06-19-2008, 03:47 AM
Looks great, nice job!

pahorace
06-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Hello and Thank you all for your kind words.

The model built entirely with paper; weighs only 15 grams.

I used photographic paper "HP Everyday Photo Paper", 170 grams / msq for bubble jet printer.
This paper is very beautiful and flexible but it is very delicate and not easy to manipulate, also tends to scrape especially at the edges.

The design by Mr. Marek comprises only 2 sheets.
But I had to see that the second sheet is not proportionate to the first.
The shapes of the fuselage are smaller parts of housing, as shown on the pictures.

The hydraulic actuators for the withdrawal cart landing and closing doors, are not included in the kit but were made by me.
Not included in the kit transparent parts.
The wheels are 3 millimeters beyond the axis of the fork.

Orazio

akremedy
06-19-2008, 08:50 AM
The hydraulic actuators for the withdrawal cart landing and closing doors, are not included in the kit but were made by me.
Not included in the kit transparent parts.
The wheels are 3 millimeters beyond the axis of the fork.

Orazio

Nice job Orazio - and nice job too on the landing gear. I've got a thing about aircraft with interesting landing gear...call it a fetish - I've always been a "legs" man ;)

Adam

Don Boose
06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Orazio -- I was away for a few days, so I am only now seeing these pictures of your excellent model and your very neat and craftsman-like work space. I very much like 1/48 scale models and was glad to get your report on the shortcomings and problems for this particular kit. You clearly were able to overcome those problems and have produced a very attractive model. I hope you will build more 1/48 aircraft, especially those beautiful and colorful WWII Italian fighters. Don

pahorace
06-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks Adam and...... hohohooooowaw!!.. see also as I am a "legs" man ;)
----------
Don,
thanks for your kind appreciation. I am happy that my model is like you.
Mr. Marek has produced many special aircraft, all attractive, perhaps are a bit imprecise but that matter!
Just do a little work to make them more attractive.
The encouragement received from the best modellers in the world, of this forum, encourages me to do more and better.

Orazio

Leif Ohlsson
06-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Orazio, congratulations on 1) the fine model you built; and the way you built it, and 2) on buying the Gremir Spirit of St. Louis. I would much like to see that one built again.

If you want to pursue the 1/48 scale, I don't suppose there's any chance of your trying one of the free download Spitfires from this site (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5)?

Hopefully, Leif

Don Boose
06-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Leif -- I am very glad that you made your posting. Although I had been following your threads on your modifications to the NOBI Spitfire, I had thought that they were 1/100 models (obviously, I wasn't reading carefully enough). I am delighted to discover that they are in 1/48 and I am very tempted to try my own hand at one or more of them.

Orazio -- The Spit IXc in desert markings would look nice alongside your MC200 even if the dates don't match up exactly.

Don

pahorace
06-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Hello Leif,
thank you very much for your congratulations, I am very happy for that.
Recently, I bought many models, from many sellers, I do not know if I have enough life to make them all! :D
I followed all your Trhead on Spitfire of Nobi. is wonderful. is without doubt a model that I would like to build.

Don,
ho yes, there would be good neighbor, a Spit IXc in desert markings!

Leif Ohlsson
06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Don, I'm very happy to hear that you might consider the Spitfire! (But do not fear; I will not hold you to it...)

Leif

GAJouette
10-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Excellent project! Always a soft spot for anything Regia Aeronautica.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Golden Bear
10-08-2008, 10:31 AM
...as a suggestion, if you are going to use normal weight paper rather than card, you might want to try HP Bright White. I think that the color reproduction is better on it than on the paper you used and it is very easy to work. I actually use it a lot on my scratch builds in different spots and frequently use it with kits because I like it better than card for rolling barrels.

Carl

Don Boose
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Another valuable GB hint. I have a notebook page full of GB notes!

Don

pahorace
10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks, Gregory Jouette.
Thanks also to Karl-GB-per your suggestion.
Personally, I think that model has a distorted color (rather bright).
But is the color chosen by the designer.

Orazio

cgutzmer
07-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Well I missed this entire thread before.... can I use the pics on my sales page (when its up)?
Thanks!
Chris

bob martin
07-24-2009, 09:27 PM
What's this with the neat work area:confused: My work area looks like a war zone:rolleyes: BTW very nice aircraft builds. Very clean and neat. Hard to believe you've only built a couple:eek: Great work and keep them comming:D

Bob

pahorace
07-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Well I missed this entire thread before.... can I use the pics on my sales page (when its up)?
Thanks!
Chris

Chris,
sure, you can use any photo, to me is an honor.

What's this with the neat work area:confused: My work area looks like a war zone:rolleyes: BTW very nice aircraft builds. Very clean and neat. Hard to believe you've only built a couple:eek: Great work and keep them comming:D

BobBob,
not everything you see in the picture may be real. :rolleyes:
Even in my workplace chaos reigns :D:D
Thanks for your words of appreciation.

Orazio

Don Boose
07-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Perhaps chaos reigns, Orazio, but your photos provide a fine illusion of calm and order.

The photos with all the parts laid out in perfect order, the photo of the bins you use to organize the parts, and the in-progress photos are most enjoyable to look at, and the final product is splendid.

Don

pahorace
07-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Don,
I am a little bit, as I say? .... a perfectionist?
I like to do things right and especially seriously, by order and planning.
Even our hobby that is a game!
Unfortunately, people like me, seems not to ever reach the maximum.
But I think that this hobby is just a symbol, a mirror, where it reflects our character (with good and bad), our philosophy of life.
Right?

Orazio

Don Boose
07-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Very sound philosophy, Orazio. And while I understand that you feel you can never reach "perfection," your models approach that level in my eyes.

Don