PDA

View Full Version : Prudenzio Contest- Imperial Guard Chasseur a Cheval

malachite
06-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Downloaded this figure and proceded to build without reading the rules of the contest - result is a finished model with no construction photos or build info. So this would preclude me from entering this one, so if the feedback is encouraging I will build it again and post the construction stages. Quite useful as I made many errors along the way.
Anyway, this was printed onto A4 100gm paper that resulted in rather a flat finish and the reprint will be on satin photo paper of 160gm weight.

shawndymond
06-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi malachite. That shouldn't preclude you from the contest. I thought the same after I'd build one of Zio's Agincourt figures, but it was agreed that the rules do not state that a build thread is required. Would be great to see a few more pics of this one though, I keep looking at the mounted figures but am yet to try them...

doctormax
06-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Nice build, I didn't know we had to do a build thread for the contest either I thought lots of us just started doing that like I am with the zara to show people how to build it in the future or in the contest even better than I.

malachite
06-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Thaks Guys,
Will try to upload more photos when camera battery recharged. As I said before, I made a lot of mistakes particularly the head/chin area and the hat detail as well as the musket. Also included on the sheet was a feather and I have no idea where it goes or how it is folded.
Please keep your answers clean in respect of where the feather should go.

malachite
07-01-2011, 10:40 AM
As requested here are two more shots of my original attempt.
As you will see, there are a lot of errors with the hat decoration and this particular soldier does not have a chin. So I have started again.

malachite
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
On with the new attempt.
This time I have tried to create a chin that will hopefully allow the chin straps to meet under the lower lip.
I am a lot more satisfied with this result.

malachite
07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Next the hat.
Still dont' know where the feather, part 2, goes or how to fold it, if indeed it is intended to be folded.
BTW sorted out why previous photos were dark by switching off the flash.

malachite
07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Here's the feather in question.
Any suggestions?

Vermin_King
07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Here's the feather in question.
Any suggestions?

I think it is the top of the hat with a 'fob' hanging down on the right side of the hat. It isn't overly apparent, but take a look at this pic.

http://www.zioprudenzio.it/DSCN5206.jpg

malachite
07-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks Vermin_King. I have looked at that picture many time and unless I can definitely be sure I will leave this part off the final figure.

malachite
07-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Appologies for abandoning this thread for a while but job hunting and decorating have had to take a priority. So the next postings will take the figure through to its final presentation.
Here are the first few photos.

malachite
07-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Here are the next few photos.

malachite
07-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Into the final stages.

malachite
07-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Ta Da!
It's finished. This is the one I wish to enter for the contest and not the first effort on the original posting.