PDA

View Full Version : My Lunchtime

larry2
07-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi, This is my first real post after lurking around this site for some time. I am awed by the modeling skill and talent, mixed with kind fellowship that I find here. I usually visit nearly every day, just to see what you guys are talking about and to see the latest projects, not to mention the incredible POWs. I discovered the charming little model planes of Prudenzio, from the building contest you guys are running. I dropped by, left a donation just to keep bad karma at bay and downloaded a couple of models. My very first card model is the Eindekker of Ernst Udet. Not anywhere good enough to enter in the contest, I had fun doing this little ship at work durning my half hour lunchtimes. It took nearly two weeks. I love this site and maybe I'll have another model in the not to distant future, and with the things I learned doing this one, the next one should look better. Thanks to all of you for inspiration to try this fun art that can really be done anywhere, even at work during lunch. :)
Larry

Darwin
07-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Larry, it's a nice, clean build...looks good enough to me to throw into the contest pool. The more, the merrier, I say.

jagolden01
07-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice Build, Larry. God ob on the landing gear. I'd love to build this plane but the landing gear keeps me away.

larry2
07-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. That is one of the things that keeps bringing me back to this forum; the gentlemanly discourse and downright support everyone has for fellow modelers, no matter their skill level.

Retired_for_now
07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Politeness not needed as your skill level looks pretty good to me. There's skill in carefully and cleanly assembling a simple model just as there is in super-detailing one (OK, the PBJ, XB-70, and 1:24 Shuttle excepted ... and the Soyuz launch pad, and ... aw heck, you know what I mean).

Yogi

B-Manic
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
That's a real nice lil' Fokker. By all means enter it in the contest.

Kevin WS
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Excellent build. Do not be so modest - I certainly do not think I could that as well!

Inky
01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Not anywhere good enough to enter in the contest,

I beg to differ, this model looks real good. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing your next build.

Don Boose
01-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Somehow, I missed this Eindekker when you first posted it. I would be very proud to have built that model. Looking forward to many more.

Don