PDA

View Full Version : Up dates and a big thank you!

ct ertz
08-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Just some updates.
I have reviewed and redescovered many old files, and with the Help of Shawn Dymond I am attempting to revive many old projects that were at the time (and maybe still are) beyond my skill level as a designer. I have several 1/72 scale projects that fell apart and a couple of larger 1/25 scale projects as well. Boats, cars, even a WW1 plane. Shawn, who is proving to be a fast learner with Gimp and Sketch Up, and who has a great knack for being able to work things out, has jumped in with both feet. Rather or not he can rescue these projects remains to be seen, but after revising and many redraws, at least one is moving again.

On the old Confederate Ironclad note, John Wallis has sent me a short story of the CSS Mississippi, and the projected Tift brothers projects. Some of you have seen the Tift Turret vessel I have in Digital. In time I want to have several models of the CSS Mississippi, as it went from concept to the final vessel as built. Also, the Tifts planned on building a sister ship as well as several smaller river gunboats, all of which I wish to make.

I suffer from M-DADD. For those who do not know, that is Model-Designing-Attention-Deficit-Disorder. So as the Tift project moves ahead, I am also going back and reworking a number of other projects, including the Yazoo Monster, or CSS Yazoo Citty, the biggest vessel built on inland waters in America. I am also attempting to complete the Maury class gunboat design as well. I have so far neglected the Union side, but hope to add to the Yankee ships I now have, by completing the USS Essex and USS Benton.

So thats what going on in my shipyard at the moment. I also wanted to thank all of you who have supported my efforts and thank all of you who have purchased my models from Ecards. The out pouring of support, information, test builds and design help have been as amazing as it has been humbling. I have finally found something to do and a place to do it where I "fit in".

Thank you to all who have made that happen!

CT Ertz

airdave
08-10-2011, 06:33 AM
M-DADD haha I love it!
I must have this too.

Do you think its a side effect of PMOCD?

ct ertz
08-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Yes, I do. Not sure if it is a side effect or a part of it, but their must be a connection!

shawndymond
08-10-2011, 08:45 AM
On the back of CT's thanks, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Corey for bringing these vessels to life and for allowing me the opportunity to work on his brilliant models.

I'm sure he's beginning to dread checking his email because there's almost bound to be at least one from me saying 'there's a problem' or 'finished - what's next?!!'

Thanks too CT for encouraging me to launch the bases on Chris's ECardmodels - there's a few new (more generic types) coming very soon!

Also thanks to all you guys for your comments and encouragement on my build attempts - they really do make the hobby more worthwhile, being able to share models with a world-wide community...

The 'Special Project' I'm working on is a challenge but rewarding and, hopefully it won't be too long before I can share some photo's of where I'm at with it.

Anyway CT, 'Whats Next'!!! ;)

jmr248
08-10-2011, 10:55 AM
CT

Could this collaboration lead to the return of the 1/72 Palmetto State. Still looking forward to it and your CSS Mississippi.

Joe

ct ertz
08-10-2011, 11:21 AM
That is one of a number of projects that need some redrawing and tuning to get to work. I am sure Roy, a test builder, would like to see the parts pages done too. Shawn is putting together the parts on another project that has involved much redrawing and reworking, but is making good speed. I hope a number of these projects get finished and come out workable!
CT

SJPONeill
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
It'll be great to see the big Palmetto State on track again...

rebelatsea
08-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Hi. Since PS has raised her head again, how about this variant?
during July and August 1864 both broadside guns were removed and replaced by one triple banded Brooke 11" smooth bore gun on a pivot mount forward of the stack uptakes and able to fire on both broadsides.

ct ertz
09-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I may do this on in my old 1/250 scale. I guess the old gun ports were left alone and two new inline gun ports cut?
CT

rebelatsea
09-20-2011, 03:12 AM
That I don't know, guess it would makes sense if the installation was a trial. Whether the 11" was still on board when she was scuttled is unknown too.

ct ertz
10-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Well, the seven set Menedlejev tank and the four set Laffly 80Am have been sent off to ecardmodels. If you have enjoyed the free versions in the downloads please consider expanding your sets.

My CSS Louisiana is about ready for a test build. It is quite large for a Civil War Ironclad. it comes in a full hulled model and a waterline. Let me know who wants to build!

CT

Gman93643
10-25-2011, 11:41 AM
That is one of a number of projects that need some redrawing and tuning to get to work. I am sure Roy, a test builder, would like to see the parts pages done too. Shawn is putting together the parts on another project that has involved much redrawing and reworking, but is making good speed. I hope a number of these projects get finished and come out workable!
CT

Yes, I would love to see more parts again, especially since I have down time due to yet another surgery....