PDA

View Full Version : Tatebanko on the roof

Pat_craft
08-22-2011, 03:18 AM
This is the last tatebanko I have found on the internet : the Horyukaku roof battle.

The scene illustrates a popular episode from the Edo era novel "Tale of the Eight Dog Warriors of Satomi." A young samurai armed with a sword fights off his opponent as two other men climb onto the roof with paper lanterns.

(Artist unknow)

carlos filipe
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi Pat:
Another beautiful tatebanko.
I like so much this genre, this gives me inspiration to go back to the ones I was designing, rearranging images.
You mention that found it on the internet. is it a frre download or bought it in astore?
Rgds
Carlos

Pat_craft
08-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Hola Carlos
It was sold on a store, but it's not me who buy it. Fortunately, the picture was big enought to be print ! Cool !

I just made the background with photoshop, like we can see on the elevation.

Here, if you want it...

Fuji Arts Japanese Prints - Horyukaku Roof Battle Paper Model Print - Rare! by Meiji era artist (unsigned) (http://www.fujiarts.com/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=134859)

carlos filipe
08-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Hi Pat:
Thank you for the link. It has a wealth of inspiring images.
I'm sorry I stoped doing tatebankos. It's a good thing in modeling as a hobby, to enjoy the freedom of doing what you feel at certain given moment, not what you must do, but on the other hand we lose the streak and what could be a coherent sequence of works, exploiting one idea or a theme is lost.
rgds
Carlos

Steve_A
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Beautiful!

Pat_craft
03-04-2012, 02:55 AM
The link is dead now, but if someone want the tatebanko, just pm me !

Vermin_King
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Another case where I wish we could get rid of that api.viglink nonsense on links. Was going to check out Wayback Machine, but since links are going thru this viglink thing, copy shortcut is worthless. oh, well