PDA

View Full Version : Prudenzio Contest Sharnhost

doctormax
08-22-2011, 05:28 AM
The race is on the ink has arrived just five minutes ago and the model is been printed now the big question is can he print cut and assemble without instructions one more ship before the end of August . what is it now 7 and a half days are there abouts. I may as well take photos of the build to help others in the future taking on the ship as with the graf spee. betting right now is 20/1 on finishing by the 31st ;)

doctormax
08-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Eight pages in the kit and i think i better get to zio site and download some of them photos he has to help out on this a bit

doctormax
08-22-2011, 10:30 AM
First bit of an update

doctormax
08-23-2011, 05:35 AM
24 hours later, its going well Doing the guns today hopeful to have them done but not all in place but ready today

doctormax
08-24-2011, 05:52 AM
day two update.

doctormax
08-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Don't be shy, there is no charge to post comment on threads ;)

Darwin
08-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Doctormax, don't feel like the lone stranger....seems to be just us chickens in the contest that are speaking to each other, and that only when we come up for air to check out the competition. You're off to a good start...just wish there was enough time left to do another ship after I finish up the Ape. Of course, nothing says there has to be a contest running in order to build one of Zio's kits.

doctormax
08-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Doctormax, don't feel like the lone stranger....seems to be just us chickens in the contest that are speaking to each other, and that only when we come up for air to check out the competition. You're off to a good start...just wish there was enough time left to do another ship after I finish up the Ape. Of course, nothing says there has to be a contest running in order to build one of Zio's kits.

It has been good this competition it got me trying and finishing two ships already for it and then the U-96 I don't think i would have tried that uboat if I had not built them two ships they have not much in common like formers and things just they got me confident to take on the uboat.

Darwin
08-24-2011, 05:08 PM
The contest sure got me past the builder's block I was suffering.

Vermin_King
08-24-2011, 08:40 PM
I hardly have time to scan many posts, or make any these days. I haven't worked on building anything for a week ...

This is looking good, though, and it is also good that you are getting confident enough to extend your abilities on new things. It has been a good contest.

doctormax
08-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Day three update. design is going together very well no issues at all up to now

doctormax
08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
This is such a fun build. I am well over half finished now. I have figured where a lot of parts go and they sure make it look good. one think i do notice he got a 2011 version now that as far as i can figure has two planes one on the stern gun turret. I am not going to go printing out a different kit to do a plane on a turret but i do have the printed one that the colour was not good so I amy use that for the plane on the turret what you think its a bit off colour wise but it should look ok?

doctormax
08-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Day four update.

doctormax
08-26-2011, 06:02 AM
day four second batch of pictures

doctormax
08-26-2011, 01:08 PM
a bit more done today.

Wyvern
08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
coming along nicely, Doctormax!

doctormax
08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
coming along nicely, Doctormax! It is going together nicely must say it is going even faster than I thought. I thought i would have been up late on the deadline day not changed anyway but wasn't when i set my goal of finishing on the 31st of August now I think I may have it finished on Sunday evening.

doctormax
08-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Delayed on building today due to football fan otherwise known as the cousin football fan Squatter.

doctormax
08-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Day six update.

marco1971
08-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Hello, great job with the Sharnhost, most beautiful ship. the Gneisenau together Graf Spee form a fine fleet. Are you going to do the third ship? :)

Marco

doctormax
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Hello, great job with the Sharnhost, most beautiful ship. the Gneisenau together Graf Spee form a fine fleet. Are you going to do the third ship? :)

Marco
I may it has a few differences that i can see the mast is on the funnel for the Gneisenau rather than having a second near the stern gun on the sharnhost.

day seven, ok i did not manage to build the ship in seven days ;)

doctormax
08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
update, ah well it looks like would not have finished it before the old deadline but so close and would most likely have it done if i needed to on time

doctormax
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
moving on the river dancing with the bumblee bee's ;)

doctormax
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
update well this is all the guns done two not glued in place as I think it be easier to do the boats without them in the way. I should have it finished before the all ireland hurley finals on Sunday got an ex girlfriends youngest son playing in a match my your getting old when an ex girlfriends yougest son is playing a game on tv :eek: I wonder did he do what i done when small of when someones house alarm was going off nonstop fire a sliothar at that damn noise maker on Christmas morning

doctormax
09-03-2011, 08:46 AM
I do like listening to the diana ross and the supremes when building card models.

doctormax
09-03-2011, 01:40 PM
bit of an update the cranes are not as bad to do as I thought and they look well have to say the way they are done gets the look anyway

doctormax
09-04-2011, 08:30 AM
ok this is the update before off to watch the all ireland hurley final on the tv can of beer out of fridge ready to be drank.

doctormax
09-04-2011, 01:23 PM
well i can say it be finished in the next couple of days it looks a nice ship this now trying to figure out what boats go where and all that which is not to much fun. but i suppose the good thing when got them done it is really just the seaplane and the mast near the stern part and a few other little things. once get the boats done in place it be put the last two cranes in place the last two guns and then it be a case of the anchors and poles near the stern and bow i figure a few parts are flag poles

last photo is a picture of my little model collection that are in need of a new home pretty soon as that heater they are on top of is going to be needed for the big winter

doctormax
09-05-2011, 11:01 AM
update for today some of the boats done.

cjwalas
09-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I've been away for the past ten days and I've missed a lot of this one. As always, you've been busy! You've packed a lot of modeling into a short period of time. Looking forward to seeing the completed photos of this one.
Chris

doctormax
09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I am getting to like building ships, I really should donate zio some more money after building more than I feel i paid a decent donation for.

doctormax
09-06-2011, 05:10 AM
well i have to admit there are a few parts that I have no idea where they go and and no way of finding out and they are small bits anyway. these lifeboats are a lot and seems to be more than can fit where i thought they would go. and looked at photos of the ship and all i can pick out on the photos of the ship it didn't have any lifboats other than the ones near midship near the smoke stack

doctormax
09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
ok the boats are a pain but getting there. really after the boats are done its the sea plane and the mast toward the stern and finish up a few touches.

marco1971
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Hello, I see that you're almost at the end. good job

Marco

doctormax
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello, I see that you're almost at the end. good job

Marco
thanks, I have started on the sea plane now before bed time. and a bit of the stern mast done so I should really be finihsed tommorow sometime. But really surely on thursday it be finished

doctormax
09-07-2011, 04:08 AM
update now nearing the end of the build. I really think could have it finished by tonight should unless i get distracted ;)

doctormax
09-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Well after the sea plane and doing a few hours more work I have finished. Good fun to build a few parts that I could not figure where they go at all so they are not on the built ship and a few lifeboats that had nowhere to go as far as i could figure after even looking at photos of the the real ship on the world wide internet thingy ;)

cjwalas
09-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Well done and good work! Congratulations on another ship model. I must have missed it in your thread, but how long is this model?
Chris

doctormax
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Well done and good work! Congratulations on another ship model. I must have missed it in your thread, but how long is this model?
Chris
About 22 and a half inches about three inches at its widest and just under six at the highest point of the masts. It looks huge next to the Graf Spee really the Graf spee looks tiny next to it. next up on the martin zio ship yard gneisenau it may be faster since it is mostly by the look of it the same ship really only difference i can see on the instructions is the second mast is at the funnel