PDA

View Full Version : Rotunda of St Cross

Mike Stamper
09-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Things have been quite on the "posting" front. Mainly because I've spent time making models that didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped.

You will have to look in other area to find out !

A few months ago I visited the GPM site and found that they have started selling kits by other companies. There is a big selection and I bought a couple of kits from a publisher I didn't know, just to see if they were any good.

Some are quite simple, so, in the hope of regaining a little confidence I made one of the simpler models.

It's a church in Prague and the model is about six inches tall and sits on a base about 4 by 2 inches. I had some gloss gold paper left over from an earlier model so made a new cross for this model.

The parts fit very well, including the recessed windows at the rear of the church - they are less that 1/2 an inch tall.

I tried to set up an account but had problems so I emailed them and they were happy to accept an order by email. They replied with the total cost that I paid paypal.

Kevin WS
09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Very nice - plain is sometimes great!

Tapcho
09-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Oh how beautifull and simple yet so complete. Could you please shere more photos in different angles. Thanks.

Mike Stamper
10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
As requested, here's a few more pictures - Sorry if they are a bit fuzzy

Cheers
Mike

jagolden01
10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Very, very nice, Mike.

Tapcho
10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I have couple of these too and at first sight one might think these are simple and easy but that's not the case. This one is about 10 cm tall and quite detailed too. The other one Rotunda Sv. Longina is even more challenging. Scale is 1:150 and the form of the booklet is different (8 by 22 cm horizontally).

Very well built Mike, I'll hope I'll build mine this well too.

Tappi

Oldgesser
10-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Beautiful, How does it take to build something like this?

Mike Stamper
10-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the comments.

It only takes a few evenings to make this kit. There aren't too many parts.

One good thing is that there is a small base and the centre of the circles is marked. This meant that I could make a few discs to put inside each building, thus making sure that they stayed round ;-)

Cheers