PDA

View Full Version : Week 38 2011 The Flying Merkel motorcycle by AlanG

billy.leliveld
09-23-2011, 02:36 PM
After a little advise, I'm changing the POTW title, I'll use the official weeknumber from now on and the name of the model.
This is harder than I thought,being the POTW editor,I feel a bit like king Solomon, but it is a luxury problem, having to chose between some really beautiful builds, like Dessy's A10 cannon, but I chose this one, AlanG's immaculate build of the Kurt Fehling Flying Merkel, The picture of it looks like an old illustration, with the soft light, more pictures in the thread.
The thread is full of nice information , tips and photo's,
And Alan even has drawn an new set of cylinders for it .
Here's the original thread;
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/civilian-wheels/15936-flying-merkel-1910-a.html
I could find one source for the model;
moduni - IHR MODELL-UNIVERSUM (http://www.moduni.de/cards/shopartic.php?nr=304271)
maybe somebody knows more..

Zathros
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I suspect that Alan G will find much of his work up here. Excellent choice for the excellent remastering and build of a now Super excellent model!

jobeaux
09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Congratulations Alan G, a superb build. Great choice Billy.

duditz72
09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
this was well deserved

peter taft
09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Super choice Billy. Alan works some real magic into everything he builds ! Abso-bloody-lutely well deserved POTW :);)

whulsey
09-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Just back from vacation, open the site and see your model up top. EXCELLENT!!! Now to go back and catch up on the build thread.

Tapcho
09-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Great choice Billy, what a great model and build by AlanG - one that I completely would have missed if not for the POTW tradition. Thanks and congratulations.

Werner Smuts
09-24-2011, 04:18 AM
One word AMAZING!!!!

birder
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
That just looks great, and is very different subject such an early bike...:cool:

cjwalas
09-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Much deserved. A brilliant model!
Chris

Rubenandres77
09-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Very, very beautiful! I love it!!!

AlanG
09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I looked in to Papermodelers very briefly yesterday morning before going out for the rest of the day, and IMAGINE MY SURPRISE to see a familiar photograph on the front page. Then this evening I have found a lot of very generous comments on it. Thank you all so much, and especially thank you Billy for considering my work so soon into your reign.

One specific comment: I too only know of moduni.de as supplier of this model, as that is where I bought it. I do not know how long their supply will last, as I understand that the designer Kurt Fehling has stopped distributing his models.

With best wishes,
Alan

paperairforce
09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Very nice pick for your first weekly award Billy. I also wouldn’t mind looking at Dessy’s A10 see thru Cannon build for a week - but after all, the Bicycle has done so much more for humankind than any gun ever could, or maybe I should say *should*, its a very good pick. That is a beautiful paper model and a great first award. That said, I think bicycles in Holland have been more life threatening to me as a Tourist, unaware of the Seriousness of the bicycle lanes there, than anything else so far.…

Diderick A. den Bakker
07-23-2019, 11:09 AM
I should have reacted on this thread before,
I have traced Mr Fehling (now 85 years old!), and made his models available via my website zeistbouwplaten.nl, page Transport, >Kurt Fehling. Orders very welcome! Send pm, or mail me direct: da.denbakker(at)planet.nl