PDA

View Full Version : Troll

B-Manic
09-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Troll . . .

"[Someone] who constructs the identity of sincerely wishing to be part of the group in question, including professing or conveying pseudo-sincere intentions, but whose real intention(s) is/are to cause disruption and/or to trigger or exacerbate conflict for the purposes of their own amusement"

Trolling can . . .

(1) be frustrated if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, but are not provoked into responding,

(2) be thwarted if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, but counter in such a way as to curtail or neutralise the success of the troller,

(3) fail if users do not correctly interpret an intent to troll and are not provoked by the troller, or,

(4) succeed if users are deceived into believing the troller's pseudo-intention(s), and are provoked into responding sincerely.
http://technobuffalo.technobuffalo.netdna-cdn.com/files/2011/09/Troll-No-Powers.jpg

airdave
09-25-2011, 12:31 PM
"He has no special powers, and he's mad about it."
ROFL Thats priceless

legion
09-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Munchkin is an AWESOME game. I just wished there was a electronic version of it... Lack of friends means less playing, if they are even interested in playing cardgames.

doctormax
09-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I like responding to the racist troll on the internet. with a nigerian proverb. that goes like this. The boy that pulls the lioness tail will be dinner.

B-Manic
09-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Munchkin is an AWESOME game. I just wished there was a electronic version of it... Lack of friends means less playing, if they are even interested in playing cardgames.

I have never played The World of Munchkin, it looks hilarious though. You would think that the internet would be the perfect place to play this type of game turn based RPG game.

legion
09-26-2011, 03:02 PM
The rules (most of them being silly) and the sheer amount of card expansions (like, 5 for the standard game) or total conversions (atleast 2) are probably what is so daunting. And all the cards have their own rules and quirks and they can be used together. So you can be a half-elf half-gnome astronaut/wizard carrying a full ninja gearset with a duck on his (or HER) head. And fighting a Plutonium Dragon (or two+).

B-Manic
09-27-2011, 02:22 PM
The more I hear about it, the more I think it would be a lot of fun to play.

Dealing with a lot of interacting variables does require a very organized programer (or team) which is more than likely more expensive that any reasonable expected return on the investment.