PDA

View Full Version : High Resolution Car parts for FREE use

HMCS
09-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Sometimes a free model comes with a price,.. low resolution art work. maybe the design creates the artwork with 72dpi to make the download quick and easy?,.. I have now idea:confused:

since most of the stuff I do is for my own enjoyment and to de-stress I figured why not contribute to the papermodelling community in general and submit some pics that i have taken, that may be of some use,..

airdave
09-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Good point!

I am "optimizing" all my PDFs for better file size and smaller downloads,
but I still keep image settings at 300dpi.

With todays faster Internet speeds, image sizes are not as big an issue.

A lot of poor quality models out there are bitmapped and saved at very low resolution.
But they don't need to be. This is just a left over attitude from early slow Internet days.

This also results from the "copying" process...copying images and textures into your artwork without considering the quality degradations
and/or saving files from general "Paint" programs as low quality Gifs or Jpegs.

PDF is the best way to retain original quality...but if the model contains images or image tectures
or is offered as an image file, try to use and maintain 150-300dpi jpegs.

HMCS
09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
first up is a (72dpi)screen capture of a rim of a 1970 BOSS 302 Mustang,.. taken dead on and enhanced,.. the rim is perfectly circular and not scaled to any particular size,.. if anyone is unable to scale it to their size needed let me know through a PM I can get it to you as a high rez .PNG file

or simply use it as a base/reference for a dimensional build,.. your call,..

this post will just serve as a "contact sheet" of what is available,.. this uploaded file is low rez
in retrospect i should of wiped the wheel clean

HMCS
09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Good point!
PDF is the best way to retain original quality...but if the model contains images or image tectures
or is offered as an image file, try to use and maintain 150-300dpi jpegs for shared models.

awesome good point!

airdave
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
are you attempting to compile a collection of "car part" images?
thats a great idea.
I collect a lot of things like this, and I have created my own reference libraries.

Just remember, some of the found images might be copyrighted,
best to include some reference regarding the source of the images.

My attitude is "if you don't want someone to use your images, then you shuldn't post them on the Interwebs!"...but that doesn't mean we shouldn't respect the source
or original owner of those images.

Heres a cool wire wheel I used on my KoolWheelz Ramone model
It is a photoshopped image...I think I started with some shots of Low Rider automobiles
and pulled out a wheel from one of the photos.
Since its not really the original found image, I don't have an image source.

peter taft
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
You guys really make life easier for the card model builders - These parts are well worth having. I have a sheet of car wheel hubs, BUT the camera wasn't set up on the hubs 100%, so; with all the will in the world you can't make them look right on the vehicles. The way that you are producing these is BANG on - excellent ;)

HMCS
09-28-2011, 08:12 PM
thanks peter! great idea Dave! anything that i post on here will be images photographed by me exclusively and/or photoshopped from scratch using textures etc,.. I dont get a chance to build as much as i would like, and I do have a lot of free models that i have printed out,.. lots from paper-replika etc,.. I just felt compelled to give back something for all the hours of pleasure/knowledge I got from reading many of threads and seeing creations come to life,.. this thread will really be misc postings of various images that can be useful along with reference photos for needs of people that might be building similar things,.. feel free to post anything you want as for my postings they will be my works
enjoy!

HMCS
09-29-2011, 08:04 AM
next up a custom Florida license plate for your neighborhood friendly Boss 302

the original is picture5.jpg
the clipped out image is picture6.jpg with shadow still in place
the final plate with shadow removed is picture10.jpg
picture9 is just showing the minimal amounts of layers to show some process

a PNG File can be supplied to you if you want it,.. just PM Me

HMCS
10-03-2011, 11:52 AM
next up: screen capture of cool mustang emblem,.. the key hole for the trunk is in correct relationship to the emblem,..

whulsey
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Cool, especially being a Boss 302 fan.

HMCS
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
running light on rear right side

HMCS
10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
whats weird is the red light is square but the chrome shape is trapezoidial,..
*see screen capture,.. also if your wondering about the blue colorcast,.. its not:) this particular boss mustang is a light duck egg type blue,.. for the life of me i cant remember the actual name but it is an offical mustang color

jaffro
10-04-2011, 11:08 PM
was it one of these?

Blue Mustangs at MustangAttitude.com (http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/blue_mustang.shtml)

HMCS
10-05-2011, 07:04 AM
wow unbelieveable!,.. its this exact car ! I looked at the location sure enough florida:

Pastel Blue 1970 Boss Ford Mustang Fastback - MustangAttitude.com Photo Detail (http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=search&line=131781957646&pic=/1970/1970_00099_04)

right now the engine is being worked on because it sat too long without driving and the ethanol fuel was eating away at some of the rubber parts

jaffro
10-06-2011, 12:28 AM
very nice, I'd trade my corolla for one of those any day :)

HMCS
10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
yeah man,.. my camery too! I am good friends with the owner of this restoration company,.. he has like 7 mustangs in various stages of restoration

peter taft
10-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Now THAT'S a CAR.... truly sexy metal on wheels, i'd love that on my driveway - actually, i'd like a driveway to park her on :rolleyes:

HMCS
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Now THAT'S a CAR.... truly sexy metal on wheels, i'd love that on my driveway - actually, i'd like a driveway to park her on :rolleyes:
hahaha me too!,..

HMCS
10-07-2011, 08:23 AM
my thoughts is to try to make this car like the bad ass boss but with my spin on things and add ons etc,.. just a thought in my head at the moment tho,..