PDA

View Full Version : strange very strange

doctormax
11-04-2011, 04:30 AM
I done an update of the quicktime and now all my photoshop files are showing quicktime as the default programme.

murphyaa
11-04-2011, 04:47 AM
You've gotta be careful when setting or updating Quicktime. Some time during the set up it probably asked you what kind of files you wanted to be associated with Quicktime, and Photoshop files were on the list.

It's easy to fix though.

1: right click on one of the photoshop files
2: select "Open With"
3: A little menu with various programs should open. At the bottom is "choose default program..." That'll open a window with more programs in it. Find and double click Photoshop, and that should fix the problem.

airdave
11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
yes, during the update you allowed the new install to set associated file types and mime types.

I am always reluctant during apple updates (quicktime, flash, etc)
because they often include other installs like iTunes and the like.

when installing ANY program, you should always look at the custom install and
pay attention to what items are being installed and exactly where.

This is also how toolbars and other malicious items get installed.

FYI an easy fix for the altered default program, is right click a file, choose properties,
then choose open this type of file with (and set a default program).
This will usually reset all other files of this type to open with the new(old) default program.

SCEtoAUX
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes, that is a disturbing trend for a lot of updates now. You even have to watch out when going to some sites to download paper models.

Another thing to watch out for is email phishing and hidden fees when ordering from some online sites. There are check marks during the final checkout that will add a fee for package insurance &ca, or give permission to flood your email inbox with spam. You have to make sure you uncheck those.:mad:

doctormax
11-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Doug you don't have to tell me about the emails all the time after buying something from a shop every single day is email do you want to buy this paper its 2 euro but we only tell you near the end that it is 2 euro plus 20 euro delivery charge Remember to order more than 69 euro to get free delivery with us. anyone want to go with me and buy a few boxes of tea bags they got an offer today for tea bags yes an office supply company are selling tea bags. :)