PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy strikes

Spacemen1969
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone, I can't believe i'm saying this, but my uncle Bell AKA Evan, just passed away from injuries sustained in a horrible car accident. My Uncle Bell died at 6:27 P.M. EST at St. Vincent's Memorial Hospital.

If your wondering why I call him "Bell", it's because he was a former helicopter pilot for Bell. And he loves all types of Bell merchandise. The most vivid memory of Uncle Bell and me was when I was 7 when we went are are first fishing trip together. I caught 4 fish and he didn't get a single one. I just still can't believe he's gone.

As I type this, a tear rolls down my cheek, and thinking back to the times when he was still with us and all the good times we had together. I remember when he introduced to papercraft. My first model was a FG MiG-15. Then we worked together on a FG B-24. Those were the days....

Anyway, to anyone who would want to donate money for a funeral, your money would be respectfully declined. Are family has had money saved up for all are family member's funeral's since we were basically born. I don't really know why, but I guess it's something that runs in the family.

Everyone here at Paper Modelers has been so nice to me and my Uncle Bell. I plan on taking over his account, so don't worry about Spacemen1969 disappearing for good. I know this is what he would have wanted.

To commemorate him and what he's done for everyone here and in my family, i'm going to do a custom re-paint of his favorite jet, the MiG-15. I'm gonna do that tomorrow. And anyone who would like to contribute to my family, such as doing a re-paint of the MiG-15, please send them to my e-mail, astronautman20 AT gmail DOT com. Me and my family would really appreciate it. It'll help reduce the pain of his passing.

Until next time, good luck, have fun, and happy modelling.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

Miles Linnabery
01-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Dear Jarrod and Family:
My prayers are with you in this time of loss. I too have a link to Bell Helecopter, My father was the Cheif of the Labs and held the Rotor blade pattents.
MILES LINNABERY

peter taft
01-27-2012, 06:26 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss {our loss too} A real tragedy. My thoughts are with you and all members of the family. God Bless.

Zathros
01-27-2012, 06:56 PM
No words, just may God Bless you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

Sidewinder81777
01-27-2012, 07:04 PM
My prayers are with you and your family, Evan will be missed.

jimkrauzlis
01-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I am so very, very sorry for your tragic and unexpected loss. I pray God guides you and your family through this dark period and blesses you with his grace to comfort you during this time of extreme sadness.

Jim

piginapoke
01-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Thoughts are with you and family.

Don Boose
01-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Terrible tragedy. Your model sounds like an appropriate memorial for a pilot from a model-building nephew.

Don

willygoat
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Wow. That's never a fun experience to go through. I'm sorry for your loss of close friend and family member. He will surely live on here. Best Wishes.

Willygoat

Uyraell
01-27-2012, 10:57 PM
My Condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Uncle Evan, Jarrod.

May the memories of the happy times he shared with yourself and family guide and steady you all throughout the necessary times to follow.

Kind and Respectful Regards Jarrod, Uyraell.

murphyaa
01-27-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Jarrod. I was just getting to know him, but I do know the modelling community lost a good person today.

hawkman67
01-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Jarrod,
Words can not completely express my feelings on your loss. I am very sorry for the loss of your uncle. To loose a loved one is so very hard. Thoughts and prayers, for you and your family..
Kindest regards, Jeff

murphyaa
01-28-2012, 03:39 AM
If you haven't already started the repaint, I would like to donate a MIG-15 model that you can color. Then you can do whatever you wish with it.

doctormax
01-28-2012, 05:42 AM
May he rest in peace,

rockpaperscissor
01-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

APA-168
01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Jarrod.

Avery

Spacemen1969
01-28-2012, 01:52 PM
My Uncle Bell's favorite instrumental song was "Heart of Courage" by Two Steps from Hell. I would appreciate it if everyone would go watch the video through this link Two Steps From Hell - Heart of Courage (Extended Version) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKUeZQbMF0). It brings you to the extended version of the song. And I think the reason why this is and was his favorite song is because he truly does have a Heart of Courage.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

Fishcarver
01-28-2012, 02:10 PM
My condolences to you as well. I know your loss well. I had a beloved uncle from whom I learned many things, including model building. His name was Stanley Bojanowski and he was a "Voodoo Doctor" on the CF-101.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, my bro.
Sincerely
Jim

Spacemen1969
01-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I just finished doing the re-paint of my uncle's favorite plane, the MiG-15. I did it in his favorite colors in camouflage. Here it is.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

Spacemen1969
01-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Just finished the MiG-15. I must say, this is one bird I know Evan would be proud of. I'm positive he's looking down on me and thinking "What a great job you did". I just wish I could give this to him.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

Retired_for_now
01-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Our condolences to you and your family. Nicely done, and an appropriate tribute.

Yogi

ARMORMAN
01-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Condolences from my family as well.

John Bowden
01-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Damn............ Man I'm sorry to hear this.

They said 2012 was not going to be a good year, but I never believed it............ until now.

Glad to see you are carrying on with the builds.......... and his ID.

I wish I could say that it will get better with time, but alas it truly doesn't. Great memories help ease the pain some, so keep them fresh on your mind.

john

southwestforests
01-29-2012, 08:28 AM
If your wondering why I call him "Bell", it's because he was a former helicopter pilot for Bell.
I plan on taking over his account, so don't worry about Spacemen1969 disappearing for good. I know this is what he would have wanted.

To commemorate him and what he's done for everyone here and in my family, I'm going to do a custom re-paint of his favorite jet, the MiG-15.

Oh my, Jarrod. So sorry.
Cool about him being pilot.
Yes, ensuring his account lives, and the project with his favorite plane sound like fantastic ways to honor him.

Spacemen1969
01-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Sorry, forgot to post pictures of the finished product last night. I was so upset I completely forgot. Anyway, here it is.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

southwestforests
01-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Winter cammo, suits nicely.

Spacemen1969
01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks. That is my uncle's favorite camo colors. And mine. Before I go, I'd like to ask if anybody is willing to do a re-scale of a howitzer for me. I have no idea how to and I'd prefer if someone did it for me. If anybody's willing, PM me and I'll send you the model tomorrow or any other day. It'll help me take my mind off my uncle's passing.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

Fishcarver
01-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll do it for you, bro!
Jim

Spacemen1969
01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks, I'll send it to you tomorrow. Just for a heads up, I have a JPEG and PDF file of the howitzer. Which one's easier?

Thomas Meek
01-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Sorry to learn of your loss, Jerrod. I can't imagine how it feels to have such a fine person in your life and have him taken so suddenly, but I will pray for you and for his spirit.