PDA

View Full Version : Sad day in Branson, Mo

Inky
03-02-2012, 09:23 PM
If any of you watch the weather channel then you know our area got hit pretty hard a few nights ago by tornadoes. Right up the road from me Branson got hit bad. the whole strip and historic down town. I was up there a few days before and was going to stop in and see the Veterans museum but ran out of time, now it is going to have to wait. What hurt me the most was seeing the P-51 Mustang (my favorite plane) after the tornado.

First pic shows how it use to stand. Rest of the pics show the aftermath, so sad. I don't know any history on the plane, always wanted to stop in and find out then build them a paper model of it and give it to them. Still might do that for them some day.

Good news is, the tornado was 400 yards wide and on the ground for 22 miles and at night and not a single life was lost.

ct ertz
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Sad and frightening. I am glad no one was killed.
CT

frederico
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
a real trajity, seeing a relic at one moment then a massactre in the next.
what is golden will never stay(robert frost)

freddy

luke strawwalker
03-03-2012, 12:27 AM
The good news is, if there is any, that's not a REAL P-51... the internal structures are all wrong... It's a mockup. Might be real external panels (covering) but probably not.

It's a shame because it's a NICE mockup, but it's not as bad as a REAL P-51 getting ruined.

Thank goodness no one was killed.

Later! OL JR :)

wag
03-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Here's a company that makes replicas like the one pictured
Replica Aircraft for museums, collectors and the film | Gate Guards (http://www.gateguardsuk.com/)
If only my garage were a little larger...
Wayne

cMags
03-03-2012, 08:57 AM
That is scary to see.the past few nights have been pretty crazy weatherwise. Hope everyone is ok from the tornadoes that ripped through the south last night. Corey, you still with us? Saw one of the big cells headed towards Jasper.

eagleclaw4935
03-03-2012, 10:44 AM
If were getting this violent an outbreak this early.Its going to be a long season.My heart goes out to the folks that lost everthing.

peter taft
03-03-2012, 10:44 AM
This is awful to see, but like has been said before, thankfully no-one got killed. I really don't know how you guys cope with all the severe weather systems you get.... very frightening indeed :eek: