PDA

View Full Version : Skyline Paper Models - English Electric Canberra B(I)8, 1/33

rutzes
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
The model can be purchased --> HERE <-- (http://www.skylinepapermodels.com/). Due to the electronic dellivery it can be scaled easily to any size. Due to the size of the parts a scale of 1/32 or smaller is recommended (if printed on letter or A4 sheets). The model was shrinked to 1/33 (97% of the original size).

The build was rather simple, a whole lot of big parts and pretty good fit (despite the formers which were in generally all to big and had to be cut to a useful size!).

The modelwas printed on a HP 5150 ink jet printer, the edges were colored using Faber Castell crayons.

Both nose and canopy have not been built until now - I want to make it n plastic but I'm not experienced enough yet.

ATTN! If you build the plane with deployed wheels (and flaps) some weight should be put into the nose!

Cheers, Ol' Rutz

rutzes
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
some more images - the last with other planes for comparison: GPM F-104G is 1/33, WHV Folland Gnat was scaled from 1/50 to 1/33 and the small Schreiber Canberra (above left wing) was shrinked from 1/50 to 1/200.

cgutzmer
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Nice build and you took some great pics there! If you have a scale cube, could ya throw one in there, kind of hard to tell how big it really is :)
Thanks!
Chris

dansls1
07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Looks good!

Clashster
07-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Nice looking build! Skyline has some good looking kits.... maybe if I ever build a plane again.... Thanks for the pics!

member_3
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice build(s) - I think I'll move the Skylines closer to the top of my "to build" list.

rutzes
07-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Chris,

since I'm not in architecture (only planes and sometimes ships)
I don't have a cube - yet. Perhaps one of my coming projects ;-)

The Canberra is 59cm long - including the not yet built nose - and as a wing span of 58cm (approx. 23" x 23").

Ron, attention! The Canberra has rather broad lines whereas the Banshee has already smaller ones. Looks far better!

Cheers, Ol' Rutz

Alcides
07-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice build.

I've the model but it's so big :o I don't have the space.

John Bowden
07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Rutzes............... I think the Camberra wa one of his first models.................. practice makes better............. And as always great looking builds!

Alcides............. man it's digital so you can always scale it down................that's the beauty of digital models:)

rutzes
07-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Alcides, the kit contains only big parts which should still be buildable at 1/72 scale. It's also cheaper to print ;-)

John, I have also the Banshee and this model is far better. Nevertheless the Canberra is also great looking and most of the broad lines and the rectangular rivets are mainly visible when you have built the model. I think it's always the same ...

Cheers, Old Rutz