PDA

View Full Version : new moderator

rickstef
01-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

I am glad to announce that B-Manic has accepted the offer to join the staff here at papermodelers.com as the Ship and Naval model moderator, or Nautica Moderator as I put it.

In addition to B-Manic in that position, the other mods, Ashrunner, TheWebdude, and dansls1 all have moderator power in our most popular forum, the Cardmodel Lounge.

If any other member would like to help out, just drop me a pm and I will set you up

Rick

Don Boose
01-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Excellent. Thanks for stepping into this position and congratulations, Douglas.

Don

contourcreative
01-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Douglas, Does the job comes with a car, expense account, and an office window overlooking a ladies gym?

B-Manic
01-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks to all. No the job does not come with any of the mentioned perks. Helping keep this forum going is its own reward.

redhorse
01-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I greatly appreciate your work Douglas, plus I like your constantly changing avatars!!!

dansls1
01-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks to all. No the job does not come with any of the mentioned perks. Helping keep this forum going is its own reward.

He's not mentioning the forum moderator groupies! :D

Welcome to the team ;)

Phil
01-04-2009, 07:58 AM
He's not mentioning the forum moderator groupies! :D

It seems that Dan really likes them groupies!!!
Congrats Douglas!...BTW, what's your favorite punishment, keelhauling or the plank?

Don Boose
01-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I can see the Forum Moderator Groupies now. Throngs of young women in miniskirts and young men in black tee-shirts shouting out: "Please, please, describe the Oropesa sweep gear for us again!" "Show us the kite otter!"

B-Manic
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
It seems that Dan really likes them groupies!!!
Congrats Douglas!...BTW, what's your favorite punishment, keelhauling or the plank?

It depends, am I dishing it out or receiving?

Phil
01-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Dishing, isn't that what a Nautica Moderator would do?

B-Manic
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Well then I guess I'm a progressive, more likely to recommend a taste of the Captain's daughter. After all there is little evidence that keelhauling or the plank ever reformed a single soul.

CharlieC
01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Well then I guess I'm a progressive, more likely to recommend a taste of the Captain's daughter. After all there is little evidence that keelhauling or the plank ever reformed a single soul.

Reform wasn't quite the point - imho - "pour encourager les autres". Flogging has a resonance with the city I live in - the colony of Moreton Bay (now Brisbane) was set up as a punishment settlement for transported convicts convicted of offences in the colony of New South Wales (now Sydney). The first superintendent (Logan) was so psychotic, oppressive and brutal he was assassinated. It's not known whether it was his own men, convicts or aborigines that got him - all had good reasons.

Regards,

Charlie

fvcarq
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
I´d love to help in this site,please lt me know how can i send you some more papercraft of my collection of many themes such as animals, Cartoons, cars, planes, boats and a lot more. Let me be able to give to others what i allready found free in the net. Thank you Fernão

roaur
01-26-2009, 04:41 AM
HI everybody wishh everything going well

fvcarq
01-27-2009, 06:02 AM
welcome to this site i hope you like it and send some new papercraft projects, there aremay but a few more can´t hurt.

NStarkel
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I could probably help out, i'm on allot. my spelling isn't the best though.. lol :)