PDA

View Full Version : GPM 1:200 Graf Spee/Details Needed

Papercut
01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I did not see any other area to post, so I thought this would be ok. After completing the HMS Dreadnought I have posted here, I am planing to build GPM 1:200 Graf Spee. I read that if you could build this one, you could build any of them which is good because a future project will be a Fly Nagato and or Supermodel Bismark of which I have both, both of which are excellent. Anyhow the reason I am posting now is for any info about where or if someone has the following: the turned barrel set, laser cut bulkheads and Photo-Etched detail set f/the GPM Graf Spee. This is one of my favorite ships and I would like to add all the detail I can. I will pay your price for the above. Thanks for any help and suggestions on alternate detail parts.:D

redhorse
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Papercut, looks like they may have some of the items you need here:

.: WWW.MODEL-HOBBY.PL :. Internetowy Sklep Modelarski - Modele Kartonowe, Modele plastikowe, Akcesoria modelarskie (http://www.model-hobby.pl/index.php?cid=33)

I've ordered a couple of times from Piotr and had the best of luck. I never could get the shopping cart to work and just e-mailed with my needs for a total price and then sent Paypal.

Looking forward to the Graf Spee, also one of my favorites!

Papercut
01-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks and I will check out site.:D

papiro
01-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi my friend.
About details... GPM model are dimensionally OK and general shape and basic details are correct. It represents the ship at the last stage of the saga but I consider correct make a comment about camouflage scheme; the "patches" forms are not very precise (is not very important, but...) and (that´s more interesting) the colors are wrong, the green patches must be dark grey !!! (last investigations prove it).
I´ts a detail???... well... you are free to correct the mistake or not, maybe the change improves the model but the work of repainting is a "heavy plus".
I´m one of the fans of that ship (maybe because the battle of the River Plate was very near of home).
Saludazos again !!!
Note: I apologize for my poor english, I hope you (and the other mates here) can understand me.

Papercut
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
papiro thanks very much for your info. As I look at the kit I see what you mean about wrong colors. Is there a kit you would recommend that is as you described her. I would not mind the paint so much, but that would be a huge undertaking w/this kit. I guess I could use kit for patterns and paint as I go. That will need to be project down the road for me. I am not afraid to use a airbrush, but modeling in paper, I have only used paint to touch-up and edge paint parts. Hope to her from you again. Cheers.:)

papiro
01-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Hello again my friend.
Well... I supossed the ammount of work painting are hughe ! and I think the little mistake with the colors are just a "poetic license" :), in fact few time ago the colors of the kit are recognised as correct ones (or aproximate with historic sources availlable at time).
Some other kits are a little more accurate with colors (and someones are terriffic too) but they represent the ship at pre war scheme (grey+grey :mad:) and GPM are the only kit maker representing the Admiral Graf Spee with the appeal of the last "credible" camo (and with optional pieces to make false silouette carried days before the battle), the JSC kit has camouflage too, but in my opinion is worst.
If we are "purists" the camo with the false gun tower and dummy funnel are a little different too, in fact the final camouflage are no less of three schemes superpossed, painted during the sea campaign...
If you make this excellent model with this little problem of camo design... I think that´s not a "real problem" and the finished ship dissimulates it very well :).

(Sorry, but I´m writting like "Tarzan" :):) !!!. If you are confussed for this reason ask me again...). I hate translators.
I´m here waiting for your work !!! Consider me your fan :D.
Saludazos.

Papercut
01-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Papiro, I thank you for your wealth of info on this battle wagon. I have received word that our friend @Paper Model Store is working on getting me the additional detail parts I asked about. So with your great input and the parts from him, I should be able to build a 1st class ship. I really enjoy hearing from you and I hope you will as I build allow me to pick you mind on this ship. I must admit, I just started a build thread of a Watkins 1977 design USS Tennessee, so it maybe a while before I start this build.:D