PDA

View Full Version : How to contact an admin?

Renaissance Mom
05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm Phoenix Flyer's mom, and am wondering how to get the limitations lifted from his account. He's now 13, and so "legal" in the eyes of the Internet privacy/protecting children laws.

I've tried the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, but I get a message saying that the admins have disabled that function.

Sooooo . . . little help?

Thanks!

cgutzmer
05-28-2013, 12:50 PM
I got it...
Chris

airdave
05-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Just curious...what are the "limitations" imposed here (for an under 13)?

Just so its out there...I'm 53...I already have limitations.

cgutzmer
05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
normally it just needs the parent to click ok..... but since those emails were not going out it made it difficult for her to find the email ;)

Without parent approval they cant do more than view.

JohnM
05-28-2013, 03:35 PM
You think you've got limitations Dave ... I'm 69 and getting more limited every day. Oooh the pain! I can still remember being that Bruce Willis type character though, but all I got left of it now is the hairstyle. ;)

Johnny.

Darwin
05-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I hear you, Johnny. When I wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, I immediately check my pulse.

airdave
05-28-2013, 05:06 PM
normally it just needs the parent to click ok..... but since those emails were not going out it made it difficult for her to find the email ;)

Without parent approval they cant do more than view.

ok, so that explains why I couldn't find his name in the member's list!
His account had not actually been approved.

so, there isn't really any limitations for the forum based on age.
cool

and by the way, I am still not getting any email notices.
(as of 5.28pm est)

airdave
05-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I hear you, Johnny. When I wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, I immediately check my pulse.

does the pulse matter if ...you woke up?

I would actually prefer waking up with no pulse.
Then my blood pressure would be lower.

SJPONeill
05-28-2013, 05:18 PM
does the pulse matter if ...you woke up?

I guess with, you know, the zombie apocalypse looming, the walking dead will be more socially acceptable...

peter taft
05-28-2013, 05:51 PM
i guess with, you know, the zombie apocalypse looming, the walking dead will be more socially acceptable...

roflmao :):)

Texman
05-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Dave, you only get email notifications of pm's to you, or when a thread your subscribed to has been updated. Has any of those happened since the notifications
started working?

airdave
05-28-2013, 07:41 PM
yup
yup
and
yup

this thread for example! lol