PDA

View Full Version : Panel lines unrolling in Sketchup

Mindauxx
07-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Hello guys,

Does any one have a good method of creating and unfolding panel lines on curved surfaces (fuselage sections) in sketchup? I know that panel lines can be projected and unrolled in rhino, but in sketchup (and then pepakura) I don't know the proper way to unroll panel lines so they match up on glued model. I can draw panel lines easily in sketchup 3d model using intersect with faces command, but they cannot be unfolded in pepakura or they mess up the unfolds.

RyanShort1
07-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Hello guys,

Does any one have a good method of creating and unfolding panel lines on curved surfaces (fuselage sections) in sketchup? I know that panel lines can be projected and unrolled in rhino, but in sketchup (and then pepakura) I don't know the proper way to unroll panel lines so they match up on glued model. I can draw panel lines easily in sketchup 3d model using intersect with faces command, but they cannot be unfolded in pepakura or they mess up the unfolds.
Flattery.

Ryan

Mindauxx
07-11-2013, 09:58 AM
No, this plugin is working "the hard way", like Jim's unfold tool. When you have one fuselage segment - it's still reasonable. But when this section is cut with lots of panel lines, you get multiplied number of faces which unfolding is real pain. I was looking for easier solution.

RyanShort1
07-12-2013, 09:48 PM
No, this plugin is working "the hard way", like Jim's unfold tool. When you have one fuselage segment - it's still reasonable. But when this section is cut with lots of panel lines, you get multiplied number of faces which unfolding is real pain. I was looking for easier solution.
Waybe is really good (the best), but I've had a problem with support recently.

Ryan

57townsman
12-17-2013, 02:47 PM
It sounds like what you want to do is apply the panel line graphic as a texture to the model surface. Then when you unfold, the lines don't cut apart your model.