PDA

View Full Version : v108 hull

Eric Westfere
02-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi, everybody, I'm new to this forum. Found out about card models while doing research on flower class corvettes. Found digital navys website, downloaded the free models, and have spent this past week having a blast. Bought some 110 card stock and i am now on my fith try at this german ship. After reading the forums here and elsewhere on the net, I slowed down on my build, set a nice slow pace, stryoformed and wood fillered the hull and later tonight, I am going to take my sweet time and sand the crap out of it!!!!! Love this hobby!!!! My wife loves it as well. Its free, and its just paper. Anyway, just wanted to say a quick thank you to all the info on the boards. As soon as my wifes camera is back from the shop, I will post some pics.

whulsey
02-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Will be looking forward to seeing them and welcome to the forum.

treadhead1952
02-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Welcome aboard Eric, the V-108 is a good choice to start out with. Roman has a pretty good design there and it builds into a nice model. Free is always nice. ;)

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV

Michael Mash
02-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Welcome Eric. Digital Navy has some nice boats. I built the V-108 seven years ago to find out if this hobby was for me. I have been building ever since. Looking forward to those pics.
Mike

Eric Westfere
02-15-2009, 09:56 AM
here you go, just taking mt time on this build. The larger ship is the v108 scalled up to 200. Any imput is gladly excepted.

Eric Westfere
02-15-2009, 10:05 AM
the third and fourth pics are of the larger ship, really screwed up on the build, I am using it as a learning build. Downloaded all the free models from digital navy, and other sites. Wish I had taken pics of the hull before I papered it, all in all I am happy with the way things are going on this build.

ct ertz
02-15-2009, 10:10 AM
I did this one also. My printer went wanky and I now have a dark green and pink ship! It came out good all things considered. I made it as a waterline model first, then added the hull a day or two later. I did have a chance to try many of the great things I read about on line, like making the thread railings and how to cut out small openings. All of the parts on this model fit so nice! I really like the way the main vent pipe looks when done. I just wish Didgital Navy did earlier ships, pree 1900. Any how, have fun!

Golden Bear
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't they have a model of Oregon?

member_3
02-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, DN has the Oregon in three different schemes. I have a partially assembled white version on the shelf next to me.