PDA

View Full Version : Contests, Challenges, Conumdrums, Oh My!!

rickstef
02-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi All,

Feeding off of the current OTDAEABT contest, and brainstorming with some of my friends, I have come up with some interesting contests.

In no particular order, they are as followed,

Trotskiy/Ojimak diorama contest.
Premise: Build any aircraft from these two designers, and create a diorama from it, kitbashing, and modding is encouraged.

Pokemon Challenge.
Premise: Build any of the available Pokemon paper models.
Also the main driver to get kids interested in making models.

Black Ink Challenge.
Premise: Build any aircraft that is black, and uses black ink for most of its design.

TV Vehicles Build Off.
Premise: Build any vehicle which has appeared in Cartoons, Movies or on TV.

More and different challenges will be posted, as they are thought of

Also, let us know if you would like to host a contest or challenge.

Rick

cjwalas
02-18-2009, 09:55 AM
What exactly is entailed in "hosting"?
Chris

dansls1
02-18-2009, 10:09 AM
What exactly is entailed in "hosting"?
Chris

It starts with the bribes to the moderators. Cash preferred, although models are always accepted :D

Tim Crowe
02-18-2009, 10:24 AM
I take it from the Black Ink Challenge idea. That you either you are either proficient in milking octopus of have shares in Hewlett-Packard. :D

Great ideas though!

Tim

rickstef
02-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Chris,

Dan is partially correct, He left out the Beer part, imports and micros preferred.

Hosting means, like Old Troll and Toddlea are doing with their contests, they are also putting up some of the prizes.

So if you feel like torturing your fellow members with a particular challenge, and you want to thin your model stock by offering those as prizes, then you can host a challenge or contest.

I hope that was as clear as mud for you Chris.

Rick

rickstef
02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I take it from the Black Ink Challenge idea. That you either you are either proficient in milking octopus of have shares in Hewlett-Packard. :D

Great ideas though!

Tim

Tim,

No, but I am willing to buy them off of you :D:p;)

Rick

Gharbad
02-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Heh, I do have an F-117 waiting to be built. I also wanted to try Will's Airwolf. And I have a Pokemon poster in my room somewhere...
They all sound good to me!

billy.leliveld
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM

Great ideas though!

Tim

I have an X-15 that is just dying to enter this Black challenge:cool:

cjwalas
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Dan and Rick. I'll seriously consider it.. but not till after the OTDAEABT contest!
Chris

zachy
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
What's a Pokemon? Do I Google it?

rickstef
02-18-2009, 03:35 PM
you can

or check out Paperpokés (http://paperpokes.blogspot.com)

Rick

Lex
03-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Never expected... I'm in for the Pokemon one lol

Zathros
03-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Isn't Ojimak really picky about what people do to his models. He threw a tantrum once I believe for someone "building" (satire) one of his models. Just wondering.

rickstef
03-24-2009, 06:49 AM
no, he didn't like the fact someone recolored one of his models and showed it on the forum.

plus I am planning on reaching out to them