PDA

View Full Version : Publisher interaction

dansls1
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok - so in reading the foreign forums (specifically kartonbau - but I've seen it on a couple others as well) there are forum sections for the various model publishers (eg. halinski, et al) to give model announcements. I don't know if any of them would be interested - but it'd be cool to have some level of interaction with them on this forum.

milenio3
08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I second your suggestion!! I've seen that too (in the Polish forums they love this stuff). And it would be a very good (ha, I did typed 2 o's this time) reference for many.

ChienChengWei
08-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Today, after I read this thread (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293) by -MODEL-HOBBY-,
I thought it's time to think about dansls1's suggestion. :)

Maybe we can email the publishers to let them know
there will be such a forum section.

If they are really interested in this, all they need to do is
come here, register an account, then PM Jason or Rick to add a subsection.

Okay, that's my suggestion, above. :)

---

Sorry, I did't notice there is a "Kit Announcements" section. :p

Frank Kelle
08-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I wish to "push" this thread also at the top. Model-Hobby was made a very good advertisment for their new model, we are informed about the model and are allowed to have a view on a ready-build model. As the news are rather poor for cardmodelling (here in germany you can not find a magazine for us for example) THIS section would be a up-to-date way to be informed. My wish: the information about a new model, perhaps a ready model to show the "look-alike" and,,, a very big heart-wish... one our two pictures of the sheets, so that I can decide if the kit is ok for my "knowledge". I think EVERYONE knows this problem: you see a new kit in the catalogue - due to the missing of any shops in the nearer area - the "must-have" marker is glued over it... and you refused to order it, because you do not know, how the single parts look alike... A loss for the company and - mostly - a loss for myself. I would NEVER had started a "monster" like the bismarck a my FIRST COMMERCIAL KIT (and rally not many free-kits were build before) when I had not the occasion on a fair to see the sheets and a ready model!

Jason
08-05-2007, 07:46 PM
It is a very good idea, the only problem is how to get the publishers to post the information. I have setup a section for the the digital model designers
to post in since I deal with a few of them personally, and will ask that they use the section to show case their newest releases. I am hoping that once they see how the digital designers are advertising their models, that they will follow suit.

Jason

CharlieC
08-05-2007, 08:27 PM
It is a very good idea, the only problem is how to get the publishers to post the information. I have setup a section for the the digital model designers
to post in since I deal with a few of them personally, and will ask that they use the section to show case their newest releases. I am hoping that once they see how the digital designers are advertising their models, that they will follow suit.

Jason

Why not just e-mail the publishers that there is dedicated an forum area that they can announce models. I know WAK and Model-Hobby do announce on other forums and Modelik (Janusz Oles) has been known to reply to posts. It is, after all, free publicity for them - you have to be a fairly dopey businessman to turn down no strings, focused advertising.

Regards,

Charlie