PDA

View Full Version : 1/96 HMS Victory

Eric Westfere
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
While cleaning my garage today, I came across some old wood ship models that I had started years ago. I have the complete plans for the Victory, and I thought that this might be a good card project. Perhaps some day I will do it, but right now I am busy with two little girls,life in general and two ww1 torpedoe boats that are invading my dreams at night. But still.... it wouldnt hurt to cut out some frames and see if it works......

B-Manic
03-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Sounds Like a great idea. Post some build pix so we can enjoy the process too.

ct ertz
03-10-2009, 04:47 AM
You have those dreams too...?

B-Manic
03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
This paper kit looks like an ambitious build.

birder
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Right, Douglas! I just bought Bellona, I think if the lower ports closed much more reasonable but still very ambitious...

Eric Westfere
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Just a few pics of the plans and the two torpedo boats and the bonus kit from papermodels. I will be doing some building tonight, more pics to follow. Have a nice day.

grantk
03-12-2009, 02:34 AM
I am a new member, but not new to paper modelling. I live in Portsmouth, United Kingdom, and have been around the Victory many times over the last 40 years, as my grandfather used to work at Portsmouth dockyard. Its quite a magnificent sight, although much smaller than you would think, I do have quite a few pics if anyone is interested, some taken from the Spinnaker Tower, which overlooks the dockyard, regards grantk