PDA

View Full Version : Problem when submitting a post

MOS95B
08-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems every time I submit a post, I get a 404 error until I go to a different site altogether, and then back to the home page here. :confused:

I will probably have specific error wording as soon as I hit submit on this...

rickstef
08-02-2007, 07:59 AM
ok, please show us that, we will want to take a look at this

Rick

MOS95B
08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Well, it appears to be only when I use "Quick Reply" (I'm "going advanced" on this one for a test)

The text on my test post wes:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/search.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.papermodelers.com (http://www.papermodelers.com) Port 80

Yep, no error with "Go advanced", so it seems to be tied into the "Quick Reply" box....

MOS95B
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Also, I got the same error when submitting the edit of my last post...

Wierd......

rickstef
08-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I have gotten those from time to time also. usually just surfing the forum

wierd

MOS95B
08-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I onlky see it when I submit a post in this box...

(Here comes another one......) ;)

Phil
08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I use a modem (what the heck is that?). I have seen this message when I click before the page is finished loading. Could this be the case?

rickstef
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
I got this at 4:33 pm EDT

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.papermodelers.com (http://www.papermodelers.com/) Port 80

So you are not alone

Rick

Gharbad
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I've never had an error on this site, even on my 350MHz machine.
I'm using Opera on both, so maybe it works better. Funny really, since Opera has documented problems with some forums.

Fozzy The Bear
08-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I got this at 4:33 pm EDT

So you are not alone

Rick

No he's not alone..... I'm getting this when I'm browsing the forum sometimes. In the last few days, I've had some threads show up with the attached thumbnail pictures missing and when you click on them you get:
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.papermodelers.com (http://www.papermodelers.com/) Port 80

The only way i can get it to come back up as normal is to close internet explorer and re-open it and go to the front page.

I think it may be something to do with internet explorer, because I've not had it happen when I'm using FireFox (yet).

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

CharlieC
08-02-2007, 05:48 PM
It sounds like problems with the browser cache in IE to me. There are optional directives that the admin can insert in the html pages to tell the browser not to cache the pages - this sometimes clears up this sort of problem. The underlying problem is probably the old IE flakiness ( 7 major versions and it still does this stuff ).

Regards,

Charlie

MOS95B
08-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Could very well be an IE problem, but since I need the room for downloaded models, I refuse to install another browser. :D

All I have to do is remember to use the advanced editor, or just go to a different site and then back to the home page.

dansls1
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I've seen it - but every time hitting refresh brings the page up for me.