PDA

View Full Version : Paper-replika P51D?

RunwayOneSixRight
02-28-2014, 01:34 AM
Is there a chance we might see some more Paper-replika P51D Mustang recolors in the future such as Big Beautiful Doll, the German captured Mustang, or a Red Tail? I think with such a great model that is free there should be more recolors of it out there!

Ferocious Frankie P-51D Mustang - Aircraft Paper Model (http://www.paper-replika.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8638:ferocious-frankie-p-51d-mustang-aircraft-paper-model-&catid=132:aircraft)

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)

nighthawk78
02-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I could have a go at some of them but how do I go about gaining permission to repaint them?
NH78

RunwayOneSixRight
02-28-2014, 01:46 AM
I could have a go at some of them but how do I go about gaining permission to repaint them?
NH78

You can ask Julius Perdana, the creator of the website and the model.... (All the models on his website are free so I don't think he would mind the recolors, but I would check with him first.)

Link: Julius Perdana (http://www.paper-replika.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1%3Ajulius-perdana&catid=12%3Acontacts&Itemid=200183)

nighthawk78
02-28-2014, 01:47 AM
NH78

RunwayOneSixRight
02-28-2014, 01:55 AM
NH78

Speaking of Mustang, Milenio3 made Ferocious Frankie which is just stunning!

Link: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/26528-p-51-d-mustang-ferocious-frankie-paper-replika.html

nighthawk78
02-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Julius Perdana has kindly given me permission to repaint Ferocious Frankie, so i'll start it as soon as possible :)
NH78

RunwayOneSixRight
02-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Julius Perdana has kindly given me permission to repaint Ferocious Frankie, so i'll start it as soon as possible :)
NH78

Could you start with Big Beautiful Doll?

-RunwayOneSixRight

MacSongLi
02-28-2014, 06:16 PM
What about asking Nobi, he has a very nice P-51 that is available free at ecardmodels?

Gary

RunwayOneSixRight
02-28-2014, 06:51 PM
What about asking Nobi, he has a very nice P-51 that is available free at ecardmodels?

Gary

That is a possibility, but I would like to see what we can roll out in terms of the Paper-replika Mustang.

Also, just downloaded both Mustangs from Nobi on Ecard.

Dabeer
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I've been collecting models of Creamer's Dream from different designers and in different scales, just to compare the different designs. I've also asked Jules for permission to try to repaint this P51 to be Creamer's Dream as well. One of these days I'll post the lineup of all of them completed...

Texman
02-28-2014, 08:56 PM
For all the designers doing work out there, what is wrong with paying for a kit already done in some of those schemes?

We have to support those doing this work. Not everything can be free.

sgoti
02-28-2014, 10:23 PM
For all the designers doing work out there, what is wrong with paying for a kit already done in some of those schemes?

Hear, hear!

I know that Dave Winfield has many models, including several Tuskegee Airmen planes, available at ecardmodels.com. If you bother to read any of his design and development posts, you will see that the time and effort he puts into his models is no trivial amount. (Note: In no way do I mean to trivialize the talents, efforts, or models of any other artist. Dave simply is the first one who came to mind when I started reading this thread).

Compared to the time and effort put into creating a model, the model prices at ecardmodels are trivial. I easily spend more on lunch than what most of these models cost, more if I actually go somewhere nicer than fast-food (note to self: start eating better!).

In a prior life, I did freelance graphics work on the side. There was always somebody wanting me do just "do them a favor" or "cut them a break". "You use a computer, it won't take you very long" was a common refrain. Never mind the fact that said computer, as well as the software I used, wasn't inexpensive. Never mind that while anyone can own a computer and software, actually knowing how to use them is another matter entirely.

I am not attempting to speak for Dave (or any others), the following opinion is my own: Asking for recolors of free models, when excellent versions of the same (or similar) models are already available, is a slap in the face to the designers.

Okay, end of rant. I've got a busy day tomorrow...

RunwayOneSixRight
02-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Hear, hear!

I know that Dave Winfield has many models, including several Tuskegee Airmen planes, available at ecardmodels.com. If you bother to read any of his design and development posts, you will see that the time and effort he puts into his models is no trivial amount. (Note: In no way do I mean to trivialize the talents, efforts, or models of any other artist. Dave simply is the first one who came to mind when I started reading this thread).

Compared to the time and effort put into creating a model, the model prices at ecardmodels are trivial. I easily spend more on lunch than what most of these models cost, more if I actually go somewhere nicer than fast-food (note to self: start eating better!).

In a prior life, I did freelance graphics work on the side. There was always somebody wanting me do just "do them a favor" or "cut them a break". "You use a computer, it won't take you very long" was a common refrain. Never mind the fact that said computer, as well as the software I used, wasn't inexpensive. Never mind that while anyone can own a computer and software, actually knowing how to use them is another matter entirely.

I am not attempting to speak for Dave (or any others), the following opinion is my own: Asking for recolors of free models, when excellent versions of the same (or similar) models are already available, is a slap in the face to the designers.

Okay, end of rant. I've got a busy day tomorrow...

....Gee.... Now I feel bad.... Have you given any thought that maybe my skills aren't there to build those models yet or that maybe I might not of even known they existed. Anyway I am sorry Tex, Sgoti, Dave and all other designers if I offended your work :( I didn't mean to when I made this thread. I was just seeing if anyway would want to recolor the Paper-replika.com Mustang.

Dabeer
03-01-2014, 12:09 AM

Don't worry, I plan on buying and building Dave's Creamer's Dream, too.

Dabeer
03-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Asking for recolors of free models, when excellent versions of the same (or similar) models are already available, is a slap in the face to the designers.

Maybe it's because I'm not a designer (yet, if ever), but I can't see it that way - asking someone else to recolor it for me, then, maybe... but asking if I can do a recolor of my own is a totally different thing. First off, it gives me experience in executing a recolor, something I'm only just beginning to experiment with. Secondly, maybe it's just me, but because I also plan on buying Dave's Creamer's Dream, building this free one is nothing more than an exploration of the multiple ways that different designers solve the same problem of modelling a specific subject.

nighthawk78
03-01-2014, 04:40 AM
All the Mustang models out there are good and I plan to build more of them and I find nothing wrong with paying for the models....But the reason I'm going to attempt this repaint is because it gives me experience and it's something to try out...Also I wouldn't repaint the Mustang into colors that are already available because that's just unfair to the designer, who has spent time designing the model...
Hope this explains everything!!! Also if people don't think repainting it isn't a good idea, I wont do it!!!
@Matt: Yeah, Big Beautiful Doll is at the top of the list...
NH78

RunwayOneSixRight
03-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Also I wouldn't repaint the Mustang into colors that are already available because that's just unfair to the designer, who has spent time designing the model...
NH78

I agree with you Nighthawk78.

Texman
03-01-2014, 07:28 AM
My apologies. It was never my intention to make anyone feel bad, nor start the small firestorm that popped up.
Doing repaints of free kits is great. It is a great way for the inexperienced repainter to gain the experience
with their software, which is a bonus, and they in turn become an asset to the paper model community.

My concern was that there were some of the repaints being asked for (not just Mustangs, but others as well)
that are available as pay kits. I see that was addressed, so it is now a non issue.

There are a gazillion billion (technical term) Mustang schemes that have never been modeled before.
Hope to see some of the works in future.

Please let this part of the thread discussion end here and continue with the new schemes discussions.
You never know who may develop their skills far enough to start selling repaints (not of free kits of course!).

nighthawk78
03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
That's alright, I'll continue with the repaint :)
NH78

Sbirulina
03-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Here are some Mustangs that have not been modeled before. ;)

airdave
03-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I have many Mustangs still to release...
and I too will be doing versions of Mustangs already available from other sources.

But this Centurion Tank project has stopped me from working on them.
And now that I have agreed to work on the Cessna,
who knows when I will get back to the P51s.
I also have plans for a new series of P47 Thunderbolts
and many other things.
Eventually I'll get them done.

Runway...How do you know you can't build one of my Mustangs...if you've never tried?
As always, I give many free models to those who can't afford them,
or are inexperienced and just want to give one a try

Don't forget, that ecardmodels also offers free store credit
(1.5 times whatever you spend)
if you buy, build and do a report on any model.
We prefer you start with a model we don't already have photos of, but thats not a demand.

Speaking of Mustangs...did you know I have some CD specials with multi models
at discount prices? Check them out at Paper Model Shop Home (http://www.papermodelshop.com) (in the promotions section)
and on ebay cutandfold | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/cutandfold/m.html?item=261251612787&pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3cd3cf4073&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562)

Dabeer
03-02-2014, 12:15 PM
No permission yet from Jules to recolor his model, but Dave's has been purchased. Maybe I'll do a parallel build thread to show the differences.